Poll: Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

• Yes

Votes: 76 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 308 80.2%

• Total voters

Bama210

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 6, 2010
I wouldn't wear a Bama jersey or T-shirt with HUGE letters out in public....but whatever helps people express their joy and enthusiasm for the Crimson Tide is fine with me!
I wouldn't wear anything with HUGE letters out in public, period.

pvilleguru

1st Team
Feb 2, 2007
I used to wear jersey's all the time, but I have changed my mind. As I have grown up I have begun to dress more like a man. Men do not wear football jerseys. I am not saying you have to wear a suit, but at least a golf shirt and khaki's. Take a look at the pictures of Bama games from the 1960's and look in the stands. Men wore suits and women wore dresses. Is that so hard? People used to dress for Bama games because they were considered to be big events and people dress up for big events. The way a person dresses for an event displays the respect they show for that event. So when a man wears a jersey and shorts to the ball game he is saying he has little respect for the team and for the games itself.
to me, it shows that he really supports the team he's ready to cheer his head off. heck, he paid enough for a jersey. they aren't cheap.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Here's the bottom line for me. Some people can look good no matter what they wear and some people look like a dressed up sack of taters even in designer clothes.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
It depends on the size. If it's a jersey that fits, then no, it's not childish to wear a jersey (to a game.) However, if it's a 4XL jersey when you wear a large, then it's just stupid.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
:biggrin:...to the above post.

I don't typically wear one, but I did for the SECCG last season. I don't see a problem with it.

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
To each his/her own, as for me, I prefer wearing khakis and a coaches polo shirt.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Ok, so a parent of a Crimson Tide player proudly wears a crimson jersey with their sons name and number on it. Is that childish? Maybe some on here would rather wear something orange.

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
to me, it shows that he really supports the team he's ready to cheer his head off. heck, he paid enough for a jersey. they aren't cheap.
Exactly. From what I see, most Bama fans are more dressed like me than dressed up for a game anyway. Sure, there is a visible minority of people dressed up-frat boys, sorority girls, and people I always labelled as "yuppies". A few of the yuppies might have chimed into this discussion, LOL.

Just be yourself at a ballgame. No need to be self concious about the clothes you wear. We all dress in a way to shows we love the Crimson Tide. Thats what matters. Last year at Va Tech, I ran into a guy in Walgreens sporting a white dress shirt and houndstooth dress slacks. I would never be caught dead in that, but that is not my style. It seemed to fit him, and as we talked, it fit his personality. The way I dressed fit mine.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Asking if something is childish I am compelled to give the best definition of maturity I've ever heard: A mature person knows the proper time and place to goof off.

So I'd have to say wearing a jersey depends on the time and place.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Well, I definitely wouldn't wear one. But then, that's because I don't own one at the moment. :D Give me some time & let some the exiled young'uns complete their education, & I'm all about buying a jersey.

exiled

Giant Squid

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2006
Anyone who criticizes other people for what they wear to a football game needs to get a life. Last I checked, the whole point of going to the games was to have fun.

BamaBackerBill

1st Team
Mar 2, 2003
Fayette, AL, USA
I don't wear jerseys, but I have no problem with them. However, I do think having your own last name put on them is prett
y bush league...Posted via Mobile Device
Proud to be a member of this so called bush league you speak of. :rolleyes:

What does a name do for a jersey?.....Personalize it. :wink:

But, like a lot of y'all have said; "to each his own." rtr

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
I know it's the off season still but I'm really surprised this thread has lasted this long. I'm wearing my Bama jersy right now. I may wear it to the grocery store on Saturday, or wear it to the beach, and I'll wear it proudly and I just hope somebody don't like it.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I know it's the off season still but I'm really surprised this thread has lasted this long. I'm wearing my Bama jersy right now. I may wear it to the grocery store on Saturday, or wear it to the beach, and I'll wear it proudly and I just hope somebody don't like it.
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, it's more of a social experiment. What did you do for a living?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.