Poll: Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

• Yes

Votes: 76 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 308 80.2%

• Total voters

BamaBackerBill

1st Team
Mar 2, 2003
Fayette, AL, USA
I know some think so and will make fun of it, but I'm one that will put on the crimson and white with pride. I absolutely love jerseys and am willing to admit that I wish that God had given me the athletic ability to have been able to wear it on the field of play. But He didn't, so I just have to wear it out in public for all of the world to see my love of the Crimson Tide. :)

If you are a jersey lover like me and are man (or woman) enough to admit it, then state all of the jerseys that you have in your collection. Here are mine:

-A number 7 game worn jersey (Don't know who actually wore it) with screened numbers and my last name screened onto the back. I also added a sewn BCS Championship Rose Bowl patch to it back in January.

-A Mark Ingram jersey with stitched numbers, his name stitched on the back and a BCS Championship Rose Bowl patch also sewn on. It's pretty sweet.

-A number 2 regular Nike jersey with screened number and my last name screened on the back.

-A number 22 throwback basketball jersey like Bama wore a couple of years ago

-A number 43 game worn baseball jersey/vest that's gray with crimson pin stripes.

That's my collection, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Are you? :D

rtr

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Personally I won't wear a Bama jersey..But to each his own..I can respect anyone that wears one..As my PaPa used to say.."Whatever Floats Your Boat"..

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I used to have quite the jersey collection myself. I had a Penny Hardaway, a Michael Jordan, a home and away Emmitt Smith, a Troy Aikman, a Mike Alstott, and my Nike #12 Bama jersey. I got my Sylvania high school home game football jersey #74. The coach allowed all the seniors to have their own. The only one I've worn in the last few years is the #12 Bama and thats only to games or on gamedays (and to a Halloween party a couple years back when I went as Bama Man.) But, hey, if you like to wear them all the time thats fine with me. Just not my style.

Now on the other hand, I can go for me some women wearing them special 'lady fitted' jerseys. Thats probably a little different topic though. :redface:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
It's perfectly fine...on gamedays. I have owned and worn a terry grant 29 jersey, unfortunatly it was the o8 season and it jinxed him.
When I was a kid I had a penny hardaway orlando magic jersey.

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
I'm actually surprised it's as much of an issue as it seems to be. I never heard of anyone having objections to anyone wearing jerseys until I started seeing it on the internet lol. I guess I just don't have a clue as to what's in vogue.

I just never really put much thought into what other people were wearing unless it was something really out of the ordinary like butt-less chaps, or the classic dress shirt/black socks/no pants combo (aka the best look in the world).

I have a couple jerseys that I wear around the house mainly, but I'll throw one on if I'm going to say a sports bar with friends. It never seemed to be an issue or a big deal, so no I don't think it's childish at all.

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
I wear one every gameday.

I had a crimson #12 jersey with the houndstooth collar I wore every gameday until I had it autographed by Prothro and now have it framed. I then bought another crimson #12 stitched number jersey I wear on gamedays and had the NC patch stitched on it in January. Can't wait to wear it Sept. 4th!

My wife wears her pink Bama jersey when she goes to the games with me and my son wears his on gamedays like dad.

On a excited note, my son (4) will be attending his first Bama game on Sept. 4 and can't wait to take him!! :)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't wear jerseys, but to each his own. I don't give it a second thought. I do wear my Bama hat though. In fact, I wore it every day when I went to Wisconsin this past week. You should have seen the look on the faces of all those Cheeseheads... :biggrin:

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I'm over fifty years old. Haven't owned a jersey with a number on it in more than twenty years. I like to believe I look slightly less ridiculous when I wear a shirt with buttons and a collar. :redface:

I think it's a good question, and I'm surprised at how the voting is going. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.