Poll: Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

Do you think it's childish for a grown man or woman to wear a Bama jersey?

• Yes

Votes: 76 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 308 80.2%

• Total voters

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it's childish.

Even tho I have the misfortune of living in a Bama / college football vacuum, I do wear the colors - however, in 100% cotton T shirt form - as, when God was handing out body heat, I got a few extra helpings, so I can't bear to wear polyester / nylon.

When I take my hunnee and her son down to Florida for Boxing week and March Break, I wear my Bama tees every chance I get - hopin to hear a "Roll Tide" or two...

Funny that this thread came back to life when it did [tho this is my first time seeing it, as I'm a newbie here] as just yesterday I posted on the Buy/Sell board here, asking if anyone can tell me where I can buy Bama tank tops, as my searches thus far have yielded no results.

Unfortunately, no replies as yet.

So if anyone has any suggestions [I'm a desperate man] pls PM me [so that I don't hijack this thread...]

Thanks!!

Last edited:

JTBAMA1

Scout Team
Feb 14, 2004
Birmingham,AL, USA
I wear an Alabama jersey or a coach's Polo nearly every day. When I was a kid, some forty-plus years ago, I got a Bama jersey every Christmas. My parents did not know you could have any number pressed on the blank jerseys at the sporting good store, so I always got the jersey "off the rack" and the numbers were always from some unknown walk on.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Wearing a authentic college football jersey is perfectly fine, and even the ones that aren't authentic is fine as well to me, it just clothes, and up to each individual if they want to wear them..my girls bought me a real authentic Bama Jersey for Christmas a couple years ago..And i wear it fairly often when I take them out like to the movies or out to eat..I wear it proudly cause not only is it a Bama Jersey, but, because it was giving to me by my Baby Girls as a gift..I want the world to see it just cause it was a gift from my babies..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This thread predated my joining here so this is my first time to see it, so here are my comments.

At a game, you should wear what feels comfortable. You are going to be sitting outside in a cramped environment in varying types of weather. You'll also be standing up and sitting down a lot and you might get food or drink spilled on you and you will likely have to walk a long distance to the stadium.

So if you are fine wearing your Sunday go to meeting clothes, go for it. If a button down and khakis are your thing, fine. But don't blast someone who would rather wear a t-shirt and shorts when it is 100 degrees outside. They aren't being disrespectful. If you are attending a performance of the university's string orchestra, you should dress up, but that is a different type of event.

I do wish Saban (and all other coaches) wore a coat and tie during the games. I miss those days when everyone did, but that ship has sailed.

As for wearing a jersey in real life, I don't care. I personally wouldn't wear one and think wearing one (especially with someone's name on it) looks silly, but that's just my personal sense of fashion. A Bama shirt (not a jersey) of any other variety looks fine to me, but again, that's my fashion sense. I do think wearing a jersey to a game or to a viewing party at home or a bar looks fine, as that is getting into the spirit of the occasion. Now, that probably sounds like I'm taking both sides of the issue, but that's just how I feel. I agree jerseys look better on a little kid than an adult.

I think basketball jerseys look stupid on the everyone. Mainly because I don't like looking at some dude's arms and underarm hair. Women (even hawt ones) in tank tops don't do much for me either. Wearing a t-shirt under a jersey isn't much better, because then you look like Patrick Ewing and I hate Patrick Ewing.

Not a big fan of seeing people in baseball jerseys but for some reason I think hockey jerseys look cool and I'm not a hockey fan.

People seen in public wearing a soccer jersey should be sentenced to life at the Supermax prison in Colorado.

But to answer the original question, I don't think its childish, it just isn't for me.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Where whatever Bama-flage you want. A jersey outside of a game looks ridiculous if you are over 14.

It is more common for men to wear polo's at Bama games where it is perfectly acceptable to wear jerseys to NFL games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.