ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Profanity on this message board

You can tell its a slow day when this thread keeps popping up.
Frankly, I bumped this as I (and I'm sure other admin / mods) am growing tired of the hand-holding regarding a long standing policy of this board.

I'm seriously considering automatic suspensions for further violations of this site policy. It's not new and we grow weary of dealing with the same - avoidable - issues over and over.

So no, it hasn't been slow at all, to be honest. Quite busy, in fact...

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

I've already handed out one suspension today. This coming week will only be more busy as we get closer to the LSU game and I'm now going on a zero tolerance policy.

If you like posting on this site, nothing stronger than a "hell" or a "damn" is going to be tolerated. Using acronyms and symbols will be treated the same as if you pulled out an f-bomb.

I've had it.

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles

I will promise to try and not use the word Aubarn or Awebarn in my future posts to limit my vulgar language when posting but it will be hard not to use those two words. If there is a 12 step program out there let me know.

On another note I agree fully no profanity on this board is good.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

We're having more language issues recently.

I'm sticking this to remind you that profanity, even implied, acronyms, special characters, etc. is NOT allowed on this message board. Anything beyond a hell or a damn isn't going to be tolerated, even in game threads when you're irritated, mad, buzzed, drunk or whatever excuse you may want to use.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I'm rather new here and just noticed this thread. I want to thank you for having a zero tolerence policy on profanity on here. I do swear in my private life (see me in the first half in 2009 and second half last year).

However, I agree a public message board should have higher standards. I hate boards who claim to ban profanity but allow masked words, symbols and let them be filtered out with asterisks. Then if you complain you are called a prude and told to leave if you don't like it.

Members do seem to enage in a lot of smack towrds the East Alabama Land Grant Institute, but at least we keep it clean.

I agree with the person who said most sports boards are like a locker room. I'm glad this place is family friendly and everybody doesn't have a sig of a half naked woman. Nothing against half naked women, but they don't belong on here.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

I just want to thank our gracious admins/mods for enforcing the site rules fairly.

^^^^^^^^^^not sucking up or trying to curry favor^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm just generally appreciative of the jobs you guys (and Cat and SD;)) do.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011

not that I really care but why allow "hell" and "damn" and not the others? they're all curse words so just restrict all of them

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

We're having more language issues recently.

I'm sticking this to remind you that profanity, even implied, acronyms, special characters, etc. is NOT allowed on this message board. Anything beyond a hell or a damn isn't going to be tolerated, even in game threads when you're irritated, mad, buzzed, drunk or whatever excuse you may want to use.
Can I refer to a certain CBS announcer as Gary Damyouson?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

TTT

Folks, some are new here, so I'll make this short and sweet - read the FAQ / TOS regarding profanity. We'll nuke any posts with profanity, even 'implied', and anyone who gets repeated deletions will get some time off. This is intended to be a family forum and there's ZERO place for profanity here.

RTR

#1sabanite

3rd Team
Sep 14, 2008

this is the main reason i love this board

i cant stand any of the boards where it just gets filthy

thanks for keeping it family friendly

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

ttt

folks, some are new here, so i'll make this short and sweet - read the faq / tos regarding profanity. We'll nuke any posts with profanity, even 'implied', and anyone who gets repeated deletions will get some time off. This is intended to be a family forum and there's zero place for profanity here.

Rtr
thank you....:)

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

Thank you so much. It is nice to being able to read and talk sports without having to read all of that garbage like most boards.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.