ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Profanity on this message board

Bumping this again, some folks who should know better have gotten lazy wrt linking to items containing profanity.

Just an FYI, no more warnings - I don't care if you're new or you've been here for >10 years, if you link to videos containing profanity or try using symbols and creative spellings to bypass the forum filter, you're going to get a vacation.

This is a family oriented site.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

One thing I like about this forum is that the tone of discussion a cut above most other sites. Count me as an obedient new member.:)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

My father told me that use of profanity shows a severe lack of knowledge of the English language. I have to agree and when I want to insult someone, I usually do it in such a manner they are not even aware I have insulted them!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I've been editing / deleting far too many posts lately with folks (both new and seasoned) posting curse words (changing a letter or using an asterisk doesn't matter) or profanity-laced links. We run this forum in such a way so that even kids can read it without being exposed to that stuff, so don't post anything containing profanity.

I'm starting a zero tolerance policy - from here out ANY profanity (direct or 'hidden' with letter changes, etc) or links containing profanity will automatically receive an infraction if I see it. If you see it, please report it.

We run this board to a higher standard - if you cannot control yourself, go elsewhere.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

My father told me that use of profanity shows a severe lack of knowledge of the English language. I have to agree and when I want to insult someone, I usually do it in such a manner they are not even aware I have insulted them!
My father too Brit....he used the phrase "the King's English" when sharing language philosophy.

A parent's legacy lives with their children every day of their lives. :wink:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

I've been editing / deleting far too many posts lately with folks (both new and seasoned) posting curse words (changing a letter or using an asterisk doesn't matter) or profanity-laced links. We run this forum in such a way so that even kids can read it without being exposed to that stuff, so don't post anything containing profanity.

I'm starting a zero tolerance policy - from here out ANY profanity (direct or 'hidden' with letter changes, etc) or links containing profanity will automatically receive an infraction if I see it. If you see it, please report it.

We run this board to a higher standard - if you cannot control yourself, go elsewhere.
What the heck? I thought it meant Trooper Taylor's Towel! ;)
Post reported!

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN

Just to put a "face to a name" so-to-speak...I posted a profanity recently. It got deleted and I got warned.

I also have children (14, 10, and 7). They couldn't care less about reading a football forum, nonetheless, I totally understand and appreciate the rule. I most certainly DO NOT use profanity in my house or around my children so I would have been very embarrased if they had read my post.

Getting "called-out" on it made me think a little bit about making sure I conduct myself in cyberspace the same way I do in person. Not sure why cyberspace seems to bring out the worst......

Anyway, thanks.

-Sully

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.