Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Profanity on this message board

You can tell its a slow day when this thread keeps popping up.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    No, you can tell that people are too lazy to use proper language when this thread has to be stickied to the top of the forum.

Get your acts together, folks. I've had to edit and delete far too much over the past couple of days. I'm handing out infraction points and the suspensions will be forthcoming if it continues.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    No, you can tell that people are too lazy to use proper language when this thread has to be stickied to the top of the forum.

Get your acts together, folks. I've had to edit and delete far too much over the past couple of days. I'm handing out infraction points and the suspensions will be forthcoming if it continues.
    Don't know if its laziness or just the fact that cussing is so prevalent in everyones everyday life that most people don't even notice it.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    Don't know if its laziness or just the fact that cussing is so prevalent in everyones everyday life that most people don't even notice it.
    Same thing, IMO.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    Frankly, I bumped this as I (and I'm sure other admin / mods) am growing tired of the hand-holding regarding a long standing policy of this board.

I'm seriously considering automatic suspensions for further violations of this site policy. It's not new and we grow weary of dealing with the same - avoidable - issues over and over.

So no, it hasn't been slow at all, to be honest. Quite busy, in fact...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I've already handed out one suspension today. This coming week will only be more busy as we get closer to the LSU game and I'm now going on a zero tolerance policy.

If you like posting on this site, nothing stronger than a "hell" or a "damn" is going to be tolerated. Using acronyms and symbols will be treated the same as if you pulled out an f-bomb.

I've had it.

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I will promise to try and not use the word Aubarn or Awebarn in my future posts to limit my vulgar language when posting but it will be hard not to use those two words. If there is a 12 step program out there let me know.

On another note I agree fully no profanity on this board is good.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

We're having more language issues recently.

I'm sticking this to remind you that profanity, even implied, acronyms, special characters, etc. is NOT allowed on this message board. Anything beyond a hell or a damn isn't going to be tolerated, even in game threads when you're irritated, mad, buzzed, drunk or whatever excuse you may want to use.

I'm rather new here and just noticed this thread. I want to thank you for having a zero tolerence policy on profanity on here. I do swear in my private life (see me in the first half in 2009 and second half last year).

However, I agree a public message board should have higher standards. I hate boards who claim to ban profanity but allow masked words, symbols and let them be filtered out with asterisks. Then if you complain you are called a prude and told to leave if you don't like it.

Members do seem to enage in a lot of smack towrds the East Alabama Land Grant Institute, but at least we keep it clean.

I agree with the person who said most sports boards are like a locker room. I'm glad this place is family friendly and everybody doesn't have a sig of a half naked woman. Nothing against half naked women, but they don't belong on here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I just want to thank our gracious admins/mods for enforcing the site rules fairly.

^^^^^^^^^^not sucking up or trying to curry favor^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm just generally appreciative of the jobs you guys (and Cat and SD) do.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

not that I really care but why allow "hell" and "damn" and not the others? they're all curse words so just restrict all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
    not that I really care but why allow "hell" and "damn" and not the others? they're all curse words so just restrict all of them
    It's really not up for a vote...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

14. November 27th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Reason
    Have a nice vacation.

BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar

Well, can say $%&*#? Just kidding. I love the "no profanity" policy on this site.
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner