ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Profanity on this message board

Serious question.....are we allowed to say "&*#$%@", symbols used to represent swear words in comic strips but don't refer to any actual words in particular?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Serious question.....are we allowed to say "&*#$%@", symbols used to represent swear words in comic strips but don't refer to any actual words in particular?
If you must, I would consider that acceptable (though another mod or admin might not). One should not be able to make it look like an actual curse word. We're not naive - we know kids hear things - but we don't need someone's kid asking mommy or daddy what 'xxxx' means because they're smart enough to figure out a '$' has been substituted for an 's'.

That said, I would think it far more effective to communicate using actual allowed words to communicate one's thoughts on a subject. But that's just me.

Last edited:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Why would someone feel compelled to use curse words when typing? It's not spontaneous and the english language has far more words available than we could ever use in a sentence with out resorting to cursing.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Why would someone feel compelled to use curse words when typing? It's not spontaneous and the english language has far more words available than we could ever use in a sentence with out resorting to cursing.
I don't know. I guess it's easier for them to use curse words than smileys. Unfortunately, it also shows both their laziness and lack of an intellectual vocabulary.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Apparently I have to keep bumping this as I've just had to hand out more infractions.

You better check not only your posts but the comments and such in the links you post. I've a zero tolerance policy regarding our profanity rules here on TF.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Was just about to tell him he was cruising into a suspension, but I was too late.
Let's see, this board is very picky about profanity. They even have a lengthy thread they bump up from time to time to remind us of it. I wonder if it would be a good idea to break that rule in that very thread?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Thanks to our mods for keeping it in line - sincerely.

This post should not even have to be bumped once.

RTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Sadly, I must keep bumping this.

Reminder - no more warning - if you curse (or use symbols to get around the filter), you're getting an infraction. I'm weary of having to deal with folks who can't / refuse to control themselves while in 'someone else's home'.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

Your rules are very simple. It's puzzling and disheartening that some folks can't seem to follow them.
Thank you for all the time y'all put into this.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Your rules are very simple. It's puzzling and disheartening that some folks can't seem to follow them.
Thank you for all the time y'all put into this.

I agree...rules are simple, and also appreciated.

I truly enjoy being able to dsicuss the team without seeing curse words every other sentence...

its just a sign of a small, closed mind....much better to express your own thoughts and opinions with other words...

Thanks for keeping the site enjoyable for all..

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Go on over to Tigerdroppings and see what kind of language they use then come back here. It makes you appreciate it a little more.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.