Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Profanity on this message board

One thing I like about this forum is that the tone of discussion a cut above most other sites. Count me as an obedient new member.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

My father told me that use of profanity shows a severe lack of knowledge of the English language. I have to agree and when I want to insult someone, I usually do it in such a manner they are not even aware I have insulted them!
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    My father told me that use of profanity shows a severe lack of knowledge of the English language. I have to agree and when I want to insult someone, I usually do it in such a manner they are not even aware I have insulted them!
    I think that's the best course myself!

ttt
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ttt

I've been editing / deleting far too many posts lately with folks (both new and seasoned) posting curse words (changing a letter or using an asterisk doesn't matter) or profanity-laced links. We run this forum in such a way so that even kids can read it without being exposed to that stuff, so don't post anything containing profanity.

I'm starting a zero tolerance policy - from here out ANY profanity (direct or 'hidden' with letter changes, etc) or links containing profanity will automatically receive an infraction if I see it. If you see it, please report it.

We run this board to a higher standard - if you cannot control yourself, go elsewhere.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    My father too Brit....he used the phrase "the King's English" when sharing language philosophy.

A parent's legacy lives with their children every day of their lives.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

okay I may be dumb but what is this ttt?

Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    okay I may be dumb but what is this ttt?
    'To the top' aka bump. I want to keep the thread visible and current without making it a sticky.

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American RolltideFanz's Avatar

To the top...
    "Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue..." -- RollTideFanz, sometime during the Mike Shula era

"Maybe I can finally put down the glue. For good, this time..." -- RollTideFanz, 9/27/2008

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great seeing the name of the person who started this thread up.

RIP, Richard.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    'To the top' aka bump. I want to keep the thread visible and current without making it a sticky.
    What the heck? I thought it meant Trooper Taylor's Towel!
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I've been editing / deleting far too many posts lately with folks (both new and seasoned) posting curse words (changing a letter or using an asterisk doesn't matter) or profanity-laced links. We run this forum in such a way so that even kids can read it without being exposed to that stuff, so don't post anything containing profanity.

I'm starting a zero tolerance policy - from here out ANY profanity (direct or 'hidden' with letter changes, etc) or links containing profanity will automatically receive an infraction if I see it. If you see it, please report it.

We run this board to a higher standard - if you cannot control yourself, go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    What the heck? I thought it meant Trooper Taylor's Towel!
    Post reported!