ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
Re: Profanity on this message board

An individual's use of profanity is indicative of a low level of vocabulary.
Cliche'... I know some truly BRILLIANT people who curse like sailors. (Another cliche':biggrin:)

However, I do believe and wholeheartedly agree with the stance.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

Cliche'... I know some truly BRILLIANT people who curse like sailors. (Another cliche':biggrin:)

However, I do believe and wholeheartedly agree with the stance.
Let's call it poor social skills and call it a day shall we.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So does that mean people won't be able to post the video of Coach Saban's 2008 LSU pregame speech?

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK

We are keeping the football forum as a family oriented message board therefore we have banned profanity in any thread. It goes on to include profanity in any link you might want to post. Disclaimers or warnings that profanity is included is not allowed. What do we consider profanity? Pretty much everything George Carlin said you can't say on public TV. We don't even want any of the creative misspellings of certain words. Swear words such as Damn we should have scored on that drive or that was one Hell of a team we played this week is not a problem. We use a profanity filter which catches most words but if we see someone who keeps getting **** or ***** in their posts we may have to have a meeting with you. Let's keep it clean, keep it classy and remember some of the members here let their 10 year old daughters read this forum.

Carry on. RTR
Just wanted to tell you guys thanks! you guys do a great job on here :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

I don't post much but I have been a long time lurker (everyday) because of this rule. My 14 yr old son loves to read the post on TideFans.com and I am glad that I can let him enjoy conversation about Bama football without worrying about profanity. GREAT JOB MODS, keep it up..........:)

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

:BigA:Thank you for trying to keep it clean. Never mind the kids, I don't want to read a buch of cuss words. With that said, let's not ban Coach Saban. :BigA:

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD

:BigA:Thank you for trying to keep it clean. Never mind the kids, I don't want to read a buch of cuss words. With that said, let's not ban Coach Saban. :BigA:
Or Coach Cochran...he has a real potty mouth too!:redface:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

TTT

We've had a rash of folks trying to slip past the profanity filter using symbols and and such - that's is not allowed on Tidefans.com. I'm going to start removing posts instead of editing them and repeat offenders will be suspended.

This is a family-friendly forum.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

It put a little lump in my throat as I looked through the threads to see Bayou's name as thread starter. He sure was a big part of making this site as great as it is.

I've always enjoyed the fact I could pass a link to this site to my grandmother if I wanted to. Thank all you mods for keeping it this way.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

It put a little lump in my throat as I looked through the threads to see Bayou's name as thread starter. He sure was a big part of making this site as great as it is.

I've always enjoyed the fact I could pass a link to this site to my grandmother if I wanted to. Thank all you mods for keeping it this way.
Ditto.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Yah, I bumped this one on purpose.

Rich's impact will last a long, long time. We'll see to that.

Last edited:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

I didn't check the date or the OP name when I clicked on it. I went from:p_eek: and then to :p_sad:.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

i have a serious question, i've gotten dinged for this a couple times and it is frustrating- every now and then i will post a youtube clip. then i will get a nice message from the mods to delete bc of profanity in the comments section under the video. pretty much EVERY youtube video (and many other sites) have profanity in their comments section. sofor me i dont even read the comments and could care less what some random troll says below a video so i rarely even read the comments to begin with. so should we just avoid posting videos? is there some way to filter off the comments below the videos? it is a shame bc many videos are very intelligent or informative and it is a shame that video is banned simply bc some moron drops a cussword in the 5th comment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.