A Big10 Team With Class

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Minnesota won 24-17,recovered a fumbled punt, drove down to the 4 yard line ,running plays all the way, and took two kneeldowns, not running up the score when it would be easy to tack on a score to read 31-17. My hat's off to them! I expect this of Bama,and I'm glad Minnesota did. I have a new respect for Minnesota!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Awesome!! Love to hear that. Those guys on the field that were in the endzone on defense know they would have given it up though. Non the less. Class.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Very classy. Much better than OSU. Pryor was still in the game in the 4th quarter up 42-7 *puke*
That's the difference in OSU and Bama. Beating some team to death with your first string in there late,to impress pollsters,and Heisman voters. I look for Bama to play many bodies Saturday, More interested in finding out about personnel under fire rather than running the score up. Even so. they may make the spread,but I've found in the past the big spreads hold up due to how we use 3rd and fourth teamers and walk-ons,so often after having a big lead.That said, Roll Tide Roll! :BigA:

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
Yessir, hats off to the Gopher coaches! There is seldom anything to gain by continuing to pound a defeated foe.

A few years back, coach Fran brought his first aTm team to Norman, OK and the game was over in the first quarter. In the second half, coach Stoops played everybody in uniform.

Near the end of the game, the score was 77-0 and OU had the ball on the aTm 5. The RB was told to take the handoff and just stand still to be tackled. The aTm guy made the tackle then performed a celebratory dance! :eek2:

Kinda made me wish they would have gone ahead and scored again. :biggrin:

The OU band played a few bars of 'Go Alabama' and some of the fans did Alabama cheers. :cool2: Poor Fran was never the same afterwards! :biggrin:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I really don't have a problem with a team running their offense late in a game if they're giving their young'uns a little PT and just running basic stuff. Those kids bust their humps and sweat and bleed just like the regulars all week long. I think they have every right to show off a little beyond just the victory formation.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Big 10 should have in formed them to score. A 24-17 doesn't look good for the Big 10. I know MTSU has some high expectations this year, but that shouldn't happen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I honestly wonder how many of the Bama fans here who are saluting Minnesota for being so classy were the same ones who were defending Alabama doing the exact same thing to Texas.

Now - I supported that but for a different reason.

Folks looking at a 31-21 score might think years down the line "well, if Colt had played." You don't think that when you got whopped by 16 points.

Nevertheless - I don't see that as running it up. Now, if the score was 64-21 and he did that, well, that's different.

(I also think Nick running it up was to get Florida into the #2 spot).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.