Poll: 2010 Week 2 Coach's Poll Upsets (You pick 'em)

Pick all upsets (multiple votes allowed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
"Upset", for this poll, means a victory (regardless of point spread) by a lower ranked team in the Coach's/USA Today Poll over a higher ranked one. Points spreads are irrelevant for this poll.

Pontificate, rant, and opine. Have fun! :Joker_PDT_43:

p.s. (1) - I realize that some of these are not considered "upsets" by the AP poll or Vegas lines. We are pitting our wisdom against the coaches in this poll. Hey, they voted this way, not me.

p.s. (2) - I didn't put in Auburn or West Virginia because they both play on Thursday. Occasionally I have to skip good upset games for this reason. Feel free, however, to post about them anyhow.

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
There are a lot of possibilities, to say the least. Several of the top-ranked teams underperformed in week 1, and some of this week's underdogs have seemingly improved (e.g. - Idaho, Iowa St.).

Conversely, good teams usually rebound after shaking the opening day jitters. I wouldn't go stark, raving mad over the results of week 1.

I picked Kansas, but not because of Kansas. GT is underwhelming at this point, to say the least. I picked the Gamecocks as well. AJ will likely be out for the Dawgs, and the whole NZAA shakedown is bound to have an effect at some point. If Garcia doesn't perform in the first quarter, look for SOS to yank him and suit up himself. He wants it bad, and you can tell it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
USCe and I'm still goin with the 'noles, much as I hate them.
I agree with slobberin' Lou, Ponder is underrated. Reed will have a very good day.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I picked Miami over Ohio State. Miami is supposedly a sleeper team this year. I think it will be an early test for Ohio State. By my luck, Miami will get blown out :).

South Carolina over Georgia is possible, but Georgia looked good last Saturday.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I picked Miami over Ohio State. Miami is supposedly a sleeper team this year. I think it will be an early test for Ohio State. By my luck, Miami will get blown out :).

South Carolina over Georgia is possible, but Georgia looked good last Saturday.
These are exactly the 2 that I picked. I think South Carolina over Georgia is a real possibility, and I would not really even consider it an upset. Georgia looked good in week 1, but so did a lot of teams that played outmatched creampuffs.

For some reason, I'm not quite sold on either Miami or Ohio State, but I do think Miami is on the rise and will play well and may steal the victory.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm going with Miami over OSU. I also learned a long time ago not to bet against the barn. I have lost a lot b/c of that.
You wouldn't have if you had bet against them last week...I know, betting that they will or won't cover the spread ain't EXACTLY like betting for or against them, but even having to look at their name in a pick gets me nauseous...

HCT

Aug 31, 2010
I can see USF beating Florida if they don't fix their offensive (pun intended) woes. Same goes for FSU over Oklahoma. I didn't vote for USCe over GA just because I honestly would not consider that a real upset. I can also see Tennessee beating Oregon.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I chose USCe over GA

TN over the O

ISU over UI or IU or whatever Iowa calls themselves.
Iowa State seems like they'll pull it out. Don't know why, I can picture turning the tv onto espn next week and see Iowa losing. Finally.

I wish Boise losses to Wyoming...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I guess it's just as well that we didn't have the AU/MSU Thursday night mess on here anyhow.

Last chance for your comments. Last week the NCAA finished off UNC for LSU; this week it looks to damage both sides of the USC/UGA battle. Otherwise, there's really no news to report since Monday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.