Game Thread: ***OFFICIAL Alabama vs Penn St Post game Thread***

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
I think it was the mistakes. Giving up a 4th and 7 on Defense. #65 having 2 false starts + holding.

On another note, I wonder if Dareus decapitates someone from Duke next week. I bet he's been chafing at the bit to get on the field.
Glad we're getting him back next week, we're going to def need him down the stretch. I may be way off in my thinking but I think he's this years Rolo, just at a different position, in terms of what he brings on the field and his leadership on the defense. I loved the fact he was coaching the defense up on the sidelines. I saw him talking to Chapman and another player (can't remember who) after they came off the field a couple of different times. Great to see that leadership from him like that. The D needs that right now.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
seems like a lot of the folks that were saying this would be a close game during the week are the ones on here wringing their hands about us not winning "enough".

my approach to this season:

we have a coaching staff that is made up of perfectionists. as of being in BDS yesterday and watching this team, that attitude is held by all of the players as well. i don't think there is a player that stepped on the field yesterday that is not 100% focused on doing everything in their power to make this team successful. think of our last few recruiting classes and let that sink in.

if posters on a message board think there is a "problem" you can be assured that there is already a plan in place to address it.

i'm going to sit back, drink the kool-aide and enjoy the ride. :cool:

Henryrolltide

1st Team
Sep 25, 2008
Chelsea, AL
Great game played by Bama, a few mistakes, but very solid. There was a wonderful atmosphere at Bryant-Denny, the pregame meeting btwn the coaches was great. Have to give Penn St. credit for the effort they gave, though they seemed overmatched right out of the gate. I am excited to see our team with Ingram and Dareus back on the field, Bama is going to be downright scary!

OLDTIDE

Scout Team
Oct 20, 1999
Orange Park Fla USA
Bama and Penn State are the two class programs in college football. Great fans,coaches,players and we all respect each other and get along. Wish we played each other every year and show everyone else how it should be done. Like Coach Bryant,Coach Bowden and Our beloved Coaches Saban and Stallings, JoePa is a national treasure.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Bama and Penn State are the two class programs in college football. Great fans,coaches,players and we all respect each other and get along. Wish we played each other every year and show everyone else how it should be done. Like Coach Bryant,Coach Bowden and Our beloved Coaches Saban and Stallings, JoePa is a national treasure.
I agree that Bama and Penn State are two of the few class programs in college football.
I have the utmost respect for Coaches Paterno and Bowden. I didn't think it possible to have an even higher level of respect for Coach Saban, but I do now, after seeing him "call off the dogs" after the game was decided. He knew the game was won, the Lions knew it was over, and there was no sense in running up the score.
:BigA:
On a personal note, I'm happy we're playing them again next year in Happy Valley, but IMO JoePa will probably call it a career at the end of this one.
What an outstanding job he has done in his career, and what an extraordinary contribution he has made to College Football. If there's any coach in CF that deserves a statue, it's Joe Paterno. :)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.