Question: 2011 Remaining Targets

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
How many spots are left and who do we take? Is it based on positional need at this point or the best players left available?

My take on it whos left but again I am not in the know so hoping others will chime in.

QB-0 I think we are done here

RB-2
Hopefully with Crowell being one. The fact that he is visiting again and combined with UGA woes I am starting to like our chances a little more but still will be a NSD suspense thriller.

Hart - my understanding is if we want him he is ours this weekend but if not he will go ahead and commit probably to UM next week. He is having a great year.

Allen- have not heard much on him except we are the team to beat.

Bray- keeps visiting but I saw he really wants to play in a spread offense bt I understand a good enough athelete to play other postions.

Hill- I keep hearing his name pop-up but it will be interesting if he decommits from LSU.

WR-0 I think we are done here unless we could land someone big maybe Brassell or Farmer but I do believe we might be done here

TE-0 same as above unless a O'Leary or Rome comes onboard I do not see fillinf a spot unless it is one of them

OL-2 Cyrus plus either X Ward or A Richardson. Any 2 of those 3 would be nice but hopefully Cyrus with 1 of them.

Ath-1 Maybe D Swann and a few others that are longshots like Blackmon but not sure and Swann seems to be high as of late for UGA.

DL 1-2 J Clowney would be a must take but I do not think he leaves SC and Dickson is looking very good. Any of Drew, Jernigan or even Rasco I think would be a take but I do not see them other then long shots.

LB-0 unless we could pull T Steward or C Grant I think we might be done at LB

DB-1-2 I hear M Mitchell has us still leading, but Gorman cancelled his OV this weekend. Florence would be a take but think he ends up at the Barn. Could get interesting if he did come to us plus I still wonder about Rose if he would switch.

My predictions with a little hope: 6 more players

RB-Crowell and Hart

OL- Cyrus and X Ward

DL- X Dickson

DB-Mitchell

Wishlist T Steward, J Clowney, J Rome slight chance
Wishlist C Grant, G Farmer, E Florence long shot

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
A few thoughts...

* Hill won't "de-commit," not in the normal sense, anyway. If he's going to sign with us it'll just be completely out of the blue late in the process, ala Janzen Jackson or Kenny Bell. He won't sit around and take the fan backlash. FWIW, I think it's possible, just not likely.

* Clowney is the most overrated player in the country. There, I said it. He's a great player and probably the best in the nation, but this is turning into Reuben Randle all over. People get so hyped over one kid they think the world will end if we don't get him. If we get him, great, if not, we'll just replace him with another high-end player. He's got more to lose here than we do.

* Hart won't get turned down if he tries to commit this weekend. We'll just try to get both him and Crowell if that turns out to be the case. He's too good of a player to turn away just to put your hopes on the whim of a 17-year old kid.

* Florence and Rose aren't happening. The familiy ties will keep Rose with Auburn -- though I'd love to have him -- and honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Florence were a silent commit to them. I think we've moved on without them.

* Malcom Mitchell is a guy I think we get. I don't see him being the true believer type for UGA, so I think we swing him.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
A few thoughts...

* Hill won't "de-commit," not in the normal sense, anyway. If he's going to sign with us it'll just be completely out of the blue late in the process, ala Janzen Jackson or Kenny Bell. He won't sit around and take the fan backlash. FWIW, I think it's possible, just not likely.

* Clowney is the most overrated player in the country. There, I said it. He's a great player and probably the best in the nation, but this is turning into Reuben Randle all over. People get so hyped over one kid they think the world will end if we don't get him. If we get him, great, if not, we'll just replace him with another high-end player. He's got more to lose here than we do.

* Hart won't get turned down if he tries to commit this weekend. We'll just try to get both him and Crowell if that turns out to be the case. He's too good of a player to turn away just to put your hopes on the whim of a 17-year old kid.

* Florence and Rose aren't happening. The familiy ties will keep Rose with Auburn -- though I'd love to have him -- and honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Florence were a silent commit to them. I think we've moved on without them.

* Malcom Mitchell is a guy I think we get. I don't see him being the true believer type for UGA, so I think we swing him.
I agree with most of what you said except that I do think Clowney is a must get for Bama. I'm also holding out just a little bit of hope that Bama can sway Erique Florence from the barn. If Florence goes to the barn as expected it will not be that big of a loss due to the three top DBs already committed and as you said the good shot left with Malcolm Mitchell.

Malcolm Mitchell - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I agree with most of what you except that I do think Clowney is a must get for Bama.
But how? That's easy to say, but what if we don't get him? We headin' back to Shreveport? I just don't see it. With the coaching and talent that we have, we will still be a national championship caliber team almost every year, and that's regardless of what Clowney decides to do. Again, he has more to lose than we do. If he wants to go spend his career playing for a berth in

Again, it's Reuben Randle all over. Supposedly we just had to have a threat opposite Julio to win a title, and then he goes to LSU, where he's just supposed to light everyone up. Two years later, we've got a ring and he's just hoping he can get 40 receiving yards a game as their #1 receiver. That'll be Clowney, too, if he wants to go to Columbia.

Anyway, rant off, agreed on Mitchell. And, honestly, I'm not really worried about the corner rotation moving forward. We've got a lot of young, talented DB's and we should be fine in the next few years, it's just that with Kareem leaving early and Robby Green getting suspended, we ended up having to push a lot of young guys into situations we otherwise wouldn't have put them in.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
I agree 100%. That said, do you think we get him (Hart)? And if he does commit, where does that put us with Buck Allen? It seems that your above statement would apply to him as well, no?

Also, what is our status with Robenson Therezie?

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
But how? That's easy to say, but what if we don't get him? We headin' back to Shreveport? I just don't see it. With the coaching and talent that we have, we will still be a national championship caliber team almost every year, and that's regardless of what Clowney decides to do. Again, he has more to lose than we do. If he wants to go spend his career playing for a berth in

Again, it's Reuben Randle all over. Supposedly we just had to have a threat opposite Julio to win a title, and then he goes to LSU, where he's just supposed to light everyone up. Two years later, we've got a ring and he's just hoping he can get 40 receiving yards a game as their #1 receiver. That'll be Clowney, too, if he wants to go to Columbia.

Anyway, rant off, agreed on Mitchell. And, honestly, I'm not really worried about the corner rotation moving forward. We've got a lot of young, talented DB's and we should be fine in the next few years, it's just that with Kareem leaving early and Robby Green getting suspended, we ended up having to push a lot of young guys into situations we otherwise wouldn't have put them in.
When I say Clowney is a must get, I mean a very high priority. The reason I say that is that a dominating pass rushing Jack LB is about all that is missing right now. Obviously there is no single prospect that is going to make or break this Bama class.

I think If Bama signs Clowney and they fill up their class with some of their top uncommitted prospects like Isaah Crowell, Cyrus Kouandjio, Xzavier Dickson, Nick O'Leary, Curtis Grant, Jay Rome, Tim Jernigan, or Tony Steward, they will finsih with the #1 overall recruiting class.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I agree 100%. That said, do you think we get him (Hart)? And if he does commit, where does that put us with Buck Allen? It seems that your above statement would apply to him as well, no?

Also, what is our status with Robenson Therezie?
I think we would take Hart's commitment, but I don't know if he will pull the trigger. I don't think he goes to Michigan, but I tend to think he probably has some concerns over the depth chart with us, especially if we can get Crowell later. Obviously, though, if he's coming to Tuscaloosa now then has some serious interest, so it's very much a possibility. Either way, I expect it to be either 'Bama or Auburn for him.

With Allen, I think we probably take a wait-and-see approach on him. I think we'd take his commitment if we miss on Hart, but if we get Hart then it wouldn't be too smart to take his commitment just yet as long as Crowell is on the board. If we get Hart, I think we'll try to string out Allen a bit until we get a better feel for Crowell.

As for Therezie, I don't have a clue. He never named a leader this summer, and he has been quiet the past couple of months. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't taken any visits anywhere this season.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
You say you don't know if Hart will pull the trigger, but isn't he set to announce after the game tomorrow? You don't think he goes to Michigan, does that mean you think he will commit to the barn?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
You say you don't know if Hart will pull the trigger, but isn't he set to announce after the game tomorrow? You don't think he goes to Michigan, does that mean you think he will commit to the barn?
Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended.

I meant that I did not know if he would pull the trigger to us. Obviously he's going to announce sometime next week, and commit to someone.

If it's not us, my money is on Auburn. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he went to Michigan, but Ann Arbor is 1200 miles from Orlando and that's a long way to go just to play for a team with a shaky coaching situation and an offensive system where the QB will eat up a lot of the carries.

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended.

I meant that I did not know if he would pull the trigger to us. Obviously he's going to announce sometime next week, and commit to someone.

If it's not us, my money is on Auburn. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he went to Michigan, but Ann Arbor is 1200 miles from Orlando and that's a long way to go just to play for a team with a shaky coaching situation and an offensive system where the QB will eat up a lot of the carries.

Steve Slaton did pretty well in that system playing with Pat White, and I'm sure Hart has been made well aware of that. Every Michigan fan I know is calling Hart their "Slaton". I think Hart goes to Michigan if not Bama.

SouthHSV

1st Team
Sep 5, 2008
Huntsville,Al
Steve Slaton did pretty well in that system playing with Pat White, and I'm sure Hart has been made well aware of that. Every Michigan fan I know is calling Hart their "Slaton". I think Hart goes to Michigan if not Bama.
Slaton did do well at West Virginia, but Rich Rod is proving to be more QB reliant in the Big 10. He may very well be able to utilize a guy like Hart, but Michigan hasn't looked "exactly" like '06 West Virginia so far.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I certainly don't believe our class will be a "bust" by any stretch of the imagination should we not get Clowney or that our team will suddenly suffer without him, but to call him "the most overrated player in the country" simply because of all the hype surrounding him is a bit much IMO. He is legit IMO. Now that doesn't mean he's going to be great in college or beyond, but chances are pretty good given his physical talent that he will (assuming no major injuries or off field setbacks).

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
RB- Allen, Hart

WR- Pinkston

OL- Cyrus, Ward

DL- Dickson

DB- Mitchell, Swann?

That's how I see it going down. Would this be enough for a #1 ranking?

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
Slaton did do well at West Virginia, but Rich Rod is proving to be more QB reliant in the Big 10. He may very well be able to utilize a guy like Hart, but Michigan hasn't looked "exactly" like '06 West Virginia so far.

Maybe it's because they don't have their version of Steve Slaton at running back yet. Let's also not forget he's doing this in a much tougher league.

VegasTide

All-SEC
Dec 18, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
It's funny when you really think about all of this. Instead of thinking 'who we will get', I start 'thinking who we NEED'.

RB: I think we'd all agree that we need a stud RB to continue the dominating run attack. I'm hoping it is Crowell, but will be equally happy with Allen as well... add on Hart or any mixture of those things, plus an amazing O-line and we're pretty much set.

O-LINE: Speaking of O-line, we will also NEED a marquee guy and I think we'll get that in Cyrus. We may land 1 more, but we're truly looking pretty darn good right now on the line.

TE & WR: I don't think there are any NEEDS at WR... only wants at this point. Wouldn't you say that we currently have the best WR class in the country committed to us so far? I personally think that Malcolm Facaine (sp?) is going to be a stud so I feel like Rome/O'Leary are only icing on the cake.

D-LINE: We NEED a pass rush. I think we'll get a bit of that with Dial and Williams, but adding Clowney to the mix is HUGE. Over-hyped or not, he's the one that is the most legitimate right now to make an immediate impact... and we cannot lose w/ Dickson... who I think is ultimately ours.

DB: We're young here w/ great talent so, in a way, we look good at CB. However, we seriously NEED some depth and potential game changers. I think we've gotten that w/a few solid commits already, but hope to land one of the Georgia boys to finish things up.

It's 2am so I'm sure I'm missing a few... Just my 2 cents, take a penny if ya'd like.

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I am just an observer on here when it comes to recruiting and I get all my recruiting info from here or Tidesports. My question is how does next years running back class compare to this years? If we whiff on the top running backs this year are there just as good or better prospects for next season?

In my way of thinking the coaches may just take the best of the best of whats uncommitted especially with the class already nearly full. I know not getting a top running back would be a cause for concern on here but would the coaching staff be all that concerned. We will have Richardson, Lacy, Goode and Fowler back next season and I guess its not beyond imagination that Ingram could be back.

Does anyone know if there is a JC running back that might be out there in case of something drastic were to happen? I just don't see us taking a "good" running back just for the sake of taking one when there might be a "great" lineman or defensive back that could fill that spot.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm thinking Cyrus-OL,
Grant or Steward-LB,
Dickson or Clowney-DE,
Mitchell-DB,
Hart and either Allen or Crowell-RB

In fact if we don't get Crowell I wouldn't be surprised if we waited until next year to get a true RB. It would be an easier sell IMO than this year to a top 2 or 3 RB as we shouldn't settle for anything less at this point.

I think Hart would be more of a Corey Grant type RB/Slot/Return guy so we may take him regardless though recent commit Chris Jones may be more talented and better suited for this role even though we want him primarily as a DB.
Jones had over 550 yds rushing while averaging 12 yds per carry going into last nights game and he plays 6A ball in a tough B'ham region. He is also a gifted receiver/kick returner and may very well end up being our top in-state recruit when all is said and done.

We are absolutely spoiled when it comes to recruiting! :biggrin2: Thank you CNS! :BigA:

VegasTide

All-SEC
Dec 18, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I am just an observer on here when it comes to recruiting and I get all my recruiting info from here or Tidesports. My question is how does next years running back class compare to this years? If we whiff on the top running backs this year are there just as good or better prospects for next season?

In my way of thinking the coaches may just take the best of the best of whats uncommitted especially with the class already nearly full. I know not getting a top running back would be a cause for concern on here but would the coaching staff be all that concerned. We will have Richardson, Lacy, Goode and Fowler back next season and I guess its not beyond imagination that Ingram could be back.

Does anyone know if there is a JC running back that might be out there in case of something drastic were to happen? I just don't see us taking a "good" running back just for the sake of taking one when there might be a "great" lineman or defensive back that could fill that spot.
No, I think we take 1-2 of what we can get if we don't land Crowell. How often we forget that Ingram wasn't an "elite" RB and I guess he's kinda turned out to be a little better than mediocre. I'm thinking (and hoping) that Javorious Allen is this kind of player.

To answer your JC question, there is only one RB in the Rivals Top 50 for JC who has listed Alabama as a place of interest. I don't know if that means we called him or he called us, but it says he doesn't have an offer. Considering Saban likes JC commits to make an immediate impact, I don't see this happening. I'm sure our Top 3 RB's this year (top 2 next year) are better than anything a JC kid would have to offer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.