Best Running Back College Tandem Ever?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I was google searching "best running back tandem in college football" and found my own thread (BTW, I do feel a bit special ;) )

But, with a few years of hindsight -- is Yeldon/Henry a better tandem than Ingram/Richardson were? (from this vantage point - but the end of the year, we may know for sure)

But, I'd like to think they will be in the discussion of one of the best tandems ever.

Thoughts?

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I was google searching "best running back tandem in college football" and found my own thread (BTW, I do feel a bit special ;) )

But, with a few years of hindsight -- is Yeldon/Henry a better tandem than Ingram/Richardson were? (from this vantage point - but the end of the year, we may know for sure)

But, I'd like to think they will be in the discussion of one of the best tandems ever.

Thoughts?
Well, the numbers say Lacy/Yeldon was our best tandem (both had over 1000 yards in 2012), so let's see if they can surpass that. They got off to a good start last night!
Yeldon - 23 for 126, 2 TD
Henry - 17 for 113, 1 TD

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Another one that nobody considers - but should be - is Auburn's triumvirate back in 1978 of Joe Cribbs-William Andrews-James Brooks, all of whom were All-Pros later on. I saw a MNF game where Howard Cosell said, "With those three in the backfield, how did Auburn ever lose?"
I guess Howard never heard of Doug Barfield.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't think you can beat Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. First, you have Thurman Thomas, a Heisman candidate, a college and NFL hall of famer... nice resume indeed. Then you had Barry Sanders, who can put his name in the hat for the best of all time. You'd have trouble coming up with an NFL tandem that was that good.

In terms of trios, Alabama has had a couple of really nice ones as of late. Ingram, Richardson and Lacy, and the Yeldon, Henry and Drake trio might prove to be even more special (although it's easy to argue we'll see more in the future from Ingram and Richardson).

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
They never really had a chance to play #1 and #2 together(even though they were on the roster at the same time) but a 100% Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy would have been UNSTOPPABLE against any Defense.

I think they are by far the Best and most well rounded clutch MVP RB's we have had in the Saban era. Not only were they Great but they both had the ability to place the team on their backs and carry us to victory. They both have elite Vision, Power, Good Speed, and signature moves to elude tacklers (Ingram's Jump skip and Lacy's Spin).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.