Florida game stadium noise

ecra-joe

1st Team
Dec 16, 2006
This game has been nuts and I guess the score would dictate it not being as loud as I thought it would be but...... At home watching it on tv its not loud at all. I thought the crowd would be super duper loud at least once. Maybe the tv distorts it

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Our fans are way too quiet!:mad2: Early in the 2nd half UF was down around the 10 trying to score, and the stadium was just quiet. No noise what-so-ever. We should have been loud, helping out our D!

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
CBS certainly has the capability to filter out the crowd noise. ABC/ESPN did it with the vuvuzelas during the World Cup. I have no idea if they did filter the noise any. Just saying.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I noticed at times that it seemed like they were suppressing the crowd noise during the broadcast.
Important point.

It was also obvious that we were winning handily by late in the third quarter, and at that point, most sensible people are going to save their vocal chords. Sorry to be a downer, but that's just the truth.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah..every tweet I've read from sportswriters inside the stadium indicated that it was as loud as they've ever heard it. Particularly the local sportswriters who are here every week mentioned that it was as loud as they've ever heard it.

I hate fat phil

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2006
Tuscaloosa
Important point.

It was also obvious that we were winning handily by late in the third quarter, and at that point, most sensible people are going to save their vocal chords. Sorry to be a downer, but that's just the truth.
I most not be in the group of sensible people. I just got home and can not talk. Our section was nuts tonight, it was probably the most fun people I have ever sat around in the last few years. No one was sitting on their hands around us everyone was high fiving (sp) each other and having a big ole family reunion.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just got home and my voice is shot. I mean... sound doesn't consistently come from my vocal cords. It didn't sound loud in the staff/faculty section upper south end zone though. And the Bama fans filing out at 6:30 left to go in the game was disappointing.

But, I heard CNS say with Eli that the fans had a positive impact on the game, so perhaps it was louder lower down.

HCT

Aug 31, 2010
It was very loud through the first half- after the Int when we went up 31-6 it started to tone down (lost my voice by that point anyways :p). I honestly feel it was louder then the Penn State game.

Alabama Slammer

Suspended
Jun 6, 2009
Tuscaloosa AL
I just got home and can not talk. Our section was nuts tonight, it was probably the most fun people I have ever sat around in the last few years. No one was sitting on their hands around us everyone was high fiving (sp) each other and having a big ole family reunion.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. Best group of fans I have sat around in a while, and definately best this season.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Definitely not the loudest I've ever heard it, but first half was loud. Watching the replay now, it's obvious the CBS broadcast does not do justice to the true crowd noise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.