ATH/RB Beniquez Brown Updates

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
After watching the first half of his video, I was thinking "This kid could be a great TE". After watching the second half of his video, I was thinking "This kid is already a heck of a LB". I could see him at either. As for LB, I think he could either play inside or outside. He'd make a great Jack. Could also play DE - he takes a very aggressive line to the backfield.

He may be a good RB at the high school level, but with his size and movement, I don't see him at that position in college. Definitely seems to play with intensity and aggression on the defensive side.
I'm hearing he may be a barn lean. The barner coaches probable see him (at least tell him that) as the next Cam Newton.

careeves

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2007
Huntsville
My mother works for Florence High School and works directly with their football coach Alvin Briggs which I personally know as well. I know Coach Saban has been in contact with him for awhile now since the start of football season last year and now he finally has an offer. Coach Briggs is an Auburn alunmist, however he is a very classy gentleman and a personal friend and I dont think he will try to sway him one way or another. He has turned the Florence football program around and I think he truley wants to see all of his players succeed no matter where they go. From what I'm hearing Beniquez is really interested in the Crimson Tide as well as Auburn and I think if we can get him on campus for a few visits he will see how amazing the Capstone can be.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Beniquez Brown visited Bama this past weekend for Junior Day. He came away impressed with UA. Brown said he talked with CNS and he told him that he thinks that his best position in college is safety. Brown says he is open to playing other positions besides RB in college. I have moved him to an Athlete prospect in the propect list since it appears that UA is offering him as a ATH/S.

For some reason the BOL profile still does not list Brown with an Alabama offer even though the fact that he does have an offer is discussed in the two latest articles, including the title of one of them.

Beniquez Brown - Yahoo! Sports

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Who else thinks this is another case where Auburn will tell the kid he is definitely a RB;he will be in the rotation from day one at the Barn and Bama only wants him so they don't get him i.e. Brent Calloway?

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
Who else thinks this is another case where Auburn will tell the kid he is definitely a RB;he will be in the rotation from day one at the Barn and Bama only wants him so they don't get him i.e. Brent Calloway?
Brent Calloway would be a good host for him if he comes to UA on an official visit.

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
YouTube - Beniquez Brown highlights 2010

There is the link to his new highlight reel. I just got it edited and online yesterday.
I should probably take a breather from talking about RB prospects, but here we go :wink:

Brown looks a good bit better as a running back prospect than Calloway. If Auburn sold him on running back being his best position, I couldn't fault them for that.

I wish there were more clips of him on defense, but he looks like a beast at LB too.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I should probably take a breather from talking about RB prospects, but here we go :wink:

Brown looks a good bit better as a running back prospect than Calloway. If Auburn sold him on running back being his best position, I couldn't fault them for that.

I wish there were more clips of him on defense, but he looks like a beast at LB too.
As I said just above, CNS likes Brown as a safety at Bama. He is being listed as an Athlete in the prospect list. CNS and the Bama staff disagree with your accessment of Brown's potential potition at Bama if he should choose them.

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
As I said just above, CNS likes Brown as a safety at Bama. He is being listed as an Athlete in the prospect list. CNS and the Bama staff disagree with your accessment of Brown's potential potition at Bama if he should choose them.
Right, Surf -- no disagreement there. I was just trying to address the Calloway/Auburn comparison mentioned above.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was on campus yesterday. Shane Youngblood said Brown had a "surprising new leader." Any one know who it is?

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
He was on campus yesterday. Shane Youngblood said Brown had a "surprising new leader." Any one know who it is?
Alabama is his new leader, slightly over the barn and Tennessee after the visit. Even though he was told if he comes to Bama he could start out at any position he wants, he now says that he wants to play safety.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks for the info guys! I got worried when I saw Shane's tweet because I thought Bama was already his leader. Glad to know I was wrong.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Alabama is his new leader, slightly over the barn and Tennessee after the visit. Even though he was told if he comes to Bama he could start out at any position he wants, he now says that he wants to play safety.
CS,

some have mentioned that most of his family and friends attend the barn. some believe that it will be hard to pull him away from AU at the end of the day. but with these new developments, I am hopeful that he will see that his future is on Defense. it also appears that he is willing to play on that side as well. we shall see...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.