Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Nike Gloves with script A are available

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    BUYER BEWARE!

Nike dropped the ball with these gloves, pun intended. I would strongly suggest people give these gloves a hard look in person before buying them on the internet.

Just got back from Hibbets. They had the gloves in stock. To be frank, I'm really angry right now. I've wanted to own these gloves since the moment Ingram flashed them on TV. Too bad these gloves are a cheap imitation of the originals. The gloves look fake and plastic. Maybe you could clean your bathroom with these gloves or something. The palms are made up of this shiny fake/cheap looking rubber material. They look and feel like a kid's toy. I wouldnt want to play football in them. Maybe if you wanted to be a bama football player for halloween you could wear these gloves...too bad its two weeks too late. Im just...mad. I would have easily payed double for quality gloves. Why Nike, why?
    Do you think maybe they are different than the ones sold online? I don't know, but I will let you know how mine turn out when I get them in.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Do you think maybe they are different than the ones sold online? I don't know, but I will let you know how mine turn out when I get them in.
    I hope you are right. I hate to be so negative, but Im really disappointed.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Was yours $45.00?
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Was yours $45.00?
    Well I didnt buy em, but yeah, Hibbets had em for $45.00

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well I didnt buy em, but yeah, Hibbets had em for $45.00

Gotcha. I will post here when I get mine to see, but they probably are the same ones.

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

They are NOT the same ones. These gloves are part of the Pro Combat Series we're wearing this weekend.

Ingram's had more of a Houndstooth look and the new ones look more like the shadow on the numbers, plus Ingram's did NOT have Pride, Effort, Toughness, Commitment, and Discipline wrote on the right glove fingers either.

My Mood

Here is the right hand glove on the new gloves and what Ingram wore...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The gloves look cool but I can do without them. I think $45 for these is a rip off.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I received mine in the mail today, and they are pretty sweet. They didn't look cheap or Halloween costumish to me. They must be different. I don't know. The large fit perfect as well.

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideGoHeels View Post
    They are NOT the same ones. These gloves are part of the Pro Combat Series we're wearing this weekend.

Ingram's had more of a Houndstooth look and the new ones look more like the shadow on the numbers, plus Ingram's did NOT have Pride, Effort, Toughness, Commitment, and Discipline wrote on the right glove fingers either.

Hey, quick question. Did yours have Roll Tide on the strap?

I thought they were suppose to, but the ones I got from Nike didn't have that on the straps. On Eastbay, it is showing it has Roll Tide on them.
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; November 12th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

My Mood

I know I answered your PM but didnt want anyone to worry...

There are not any with Roll Tide on the straps. The pictures Eastbay shows the straps are turned inside-out because its red in there and has the logo thats on the middle of the v in our jerseys and one hand says "ROLL" and the other says "TIDE". And the pics on Eastbay it makes it hard to tell, so if you buy from there please know there are not any out there that have red straps that say ROLL TIDE, even though that would look good.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideGoHeels View Post
    I know I answered your PM but didnt want anyone to worry...

There are not any with Roll Tide on the straps. The pictures Eastbay shows the straps are turned inside-out because its red in there and has the logo thats on the middle of the v in our jerseys and one hand says "ROLL" and the other says "TIDE". And the pics on Eastbay it makes it hard to tell, so if you buy from there please know there are not any out there that have red straps that say ROLL TIDE, even though that would look good.

Thanks. I didn't know if you would see this thread with all the interesting developments from Auburn today so I thought I would PM you.

Anyway, I just re-checked the picture on Eastbay, and I feel like an idiot. You can obviously tell the straps are turned down. Oh well. My eyesight is bad .
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; November 12th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

The "shiny" you complain about is how the gloves are made now. Pick up another pair of Nike gloves. It's the material. It's no longer leather it's some material that I assure you helps in making circus catches. If you put a glove on either hand and try to slap your hands together while sliding them past each other, be prepared for to grab each other and stop. Pretty impressive compared to the Neumann gloves I wore back in the early 90's. First time you got those wet it was over.

BUYER BEWARE!

Nike dropped the ball with these gloves, pun intended. I would strongly suggest people give these gloves a hard look in person before buying them on the internet.

Just got back from Hibbets. They had the gloves in stock. To be frank, I'm really angry right now. I've wanted to own these gloves since the moment Ingram flashed them on TV. Too bad these gloves are a cheap imitation of the originals. The gloves look fake and plastic. Maybe you could clean your bathroom with these gloves or something. The palms are made up of this shiny fake/cheap looking rubber material. They look and feel like a kid's toy. I wouldnt want to play football in them. Maybe if you wanted to be a bama football player for halloween you could wear these gloves...too bad its two weeks too late. Im just...mad. I would have easily payed double for quality gloves. Why Nike, why?
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!