Nike Gloves with script A are available

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I hope you are right. I hate to be so negative, but Im really disappointed.

I received mine in the mail today, and they are pretty sweet. They didn't look cheap or Halloween costumish to me. They must be different. I don't know. The large fit perfect as well.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
They are NOT the same ones. These gloves are part of the Pro Combat Series we're wearing this weekend.

Ingram's had more of a Houndstooth look and the new ones look more like the shadow on the numbers, plus Ingram's did NOT have Pride, Effort, Toughness, Commitment, and Discipline wrote on the right glove fingers either.

Hey, quick question. Did yours have Roll Tide on the strap?

I thought they were suppose to, but the ones I got from Nike didn't have that on the straps. On Eastbay, it is showing it has Roll Tide on them.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know I answered your PM but didnt want anyone to worry...

There are not any with Roll Tide on the straps. The pictures Eastbay shows the straps are turned inside-out because its red in there and has the logo thats on the middle of the v in our jerseys and one hand says "ROLL" and the other says "TIDE". And the pics on Eastbay it makes it hard to tell, so if you buy from there please know there are not any out there that have red straps that say ROLL TIDE, even though that would look good.:biggrin:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I know I answered your PM but didnt want anyone to worry...

There are not any with Roll Tide on the straps. The pictures Eastbay shows the straps are turned inside-out because its red in there and has the logo thats on the middle of the v in our jerseys and one hand says "ROLL" and the other says "TIDE". And the pics on Eastbay it makes it hard to tell, so if you buy from there please know there are not any out there that have red straps that say ROLL TIDE, even though that would look good.:biggrin:

Thanks. I didn't know if you would see this thread with all the interesting developments from Auburn today so I thought I would PM you. :)

Anyway, I just re-checked the picture on Eastbay, and I feel like an idiot. You can obviously tell the straps are turned down. Oh well. My eyesight is bad :).

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
The "shiny" you complain about is how the gloves are made now. Pick up another pair of Nike gloves. It's the material. It's no longer leather it's some material that I assure you helps in making circus catches. If you put a glove on either hand and try to slap your hands together while sliding them past each other, be prepared for to grab each other and stop. Pretty impressive compared to the Neumann gloves I wore back in the early 90's. First time you got those wet it was over.

BUYER BEWARE!

Nike dropped the ball with these gloves, pun intended. I would strongly suggest people give these gloves a hard look in person before buying them on the internet.

Just got back from Hibbets. They had the gloves in stock. To be frank, I'm really angry right now. I've wanted to own these gloves since the moment Ingram flashed them on TV. Too bad these gloves are a cheap imitation of the originals. The gloves look fake and plastic. Maybe you could clean your bathroom with these gloves or something. The palms are made up of this shiny fake/cheap looking rubber material. They look and feel like a kid's toy. I wouldnt want to play football in them. Maybe if you wanted to be a bama football player for halloween you could wear these gloves...too bad its two weeks too late. Im just...mad. I would have easily payed double for quality gloves. Why Nike, why?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone here need football gloves? I understand wearing jerseys, but gloves?
That point is most likely the reason for this thread being rated 1 star.

$48 plastic gloves is far below my sons tuition on the priority list.:D

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone here need football gloves? I understand wearing jerseys, but gloves?
I play flag football, so I could actually use the gloves. $45 is about the same price as a decent pair of Under Armour receiver gloves, so if they're similar quality it's not a bad price. It would be sweet to flash the A's after scoring a TD. AllistarWillis indicates that these are pretty high quality; can anybody else who has actually worn receiver gloves recently compare them to these?

I agree that paying $45 just to stick them on a wall is kind of silly.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I play flag football, so I could actually use the gloves. $45 is about the same price as a decent pair of Under Armour receiver gloves, so if they're similar quality it's not a bad price. It would be sweet to flash the A's after scoring a TD. AllistarWillis indicates that these are pretty high quality; can anybody else who has actually worn receiver gloves recently compare them to these?

I agree that paying $45 just to stick them on a wall is kind of silly.

Why is that silly? It's just like any other collectible.

I have about 50 pair of shoes that I never wear. Now that is silly. I think I need to clean out my closet :).

Last edited:

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Why is that silly? It's just like any other collectible.
It's just that since they're made to wear, not to display, it will take some effort to mount and frame or whatever else it takes to display them. They would look kind off odd just laying on a coffee table, for instance. Done right, they could be displayed nicely, but I guess I'm just too lazy for all that. My collectibles tend to be things that require absolutely no effort on my part :)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It's just that since they're made to wear, not to display, it will take some effort to mount and frame or whatever else it takes to display them. They would look kind off odd just laying on a coffee table, for instance. Done right, they could be displayed nicely, but I guess I'm just too lazy for all that. My collectibles tend to be things that require absolutely no effort on my part :)

Hehe. True. I see what you mean now.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'll wear mine to ballgames as gloves to keep me warm. Most gloves that fit me make me too hot and I sweat, therefore I wasted my money. These are not made to keep me warm, therefore they are perfect for me.

Also its hard to drop a tasty beverage with these gloves on:biggrin2::BigA:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I'll wear mine to ballgames as gloves to keep me warm. Most gloves that fit me make me too hot and I sweat, therefore I wasted my money. These are not made to keep me warm, therefore they are perfect for me.

Also its hard to drop a tasty beverage with these gloves on:biggrin2::BigA:

I don't see how one could drop anything with these. They are sticky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.