Colt McCoy

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
We had a problem with his behavior after the BCSCG, not his playing ability.

Anyway, what's up with the (once) mighty Longhorns?? The way it looks now, aTm will probably stop UT's bowl streak, whatever that is.

Amazing, what with Mack Brown being such a great coach and stuff..

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
We had a problem with his behavior after the BCSCG, not his playing ability.

Anyway, what's up with the (once) mighty Longhorns?? The way it looks now, aTm will probably stop UT's bowl streak, whatever that is.

Amazing, what with Mack Brown being such a great coach and stuff..
I think Mack Brown was just assuming he'd win the '09 BCSNC and then retire, going out on top with his favorite player. Then his glorious plans were ruined when Colt got hurt and Texas lost.

Seems to me like he was so convinced he would retire after '09 as a Texas legend that he never even considered what he would do if he lost the BCSNCG. He thought by this time he'd be sipping cocktails on an island with Colt reminiscing of an undefeated season.

But now that reality has set in and his dreams are crushed, he no longer has the drive to do what it takes to coach up a new, relatively young team. He was this close only to have it all come crashing down and now the wind has left his sails. As a result, his team is floundering around as uninspired and aimless at its headcoach...

WildTusk

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 26, 2009
To answer the original poster's question. I have the ultimate respect for Jordan Shipley. (btw - did ya'll know they were room mates? ;))

ForeverBama

3rd Team
Dec 8, 2002
To answer the original poster's question. I have the ultimate respect for Jordan Shipley. (btw - did ya'll know they were room mates? ;))
No, seriously? They were roommates? Hmm, now that you bring it up, I might have heard that mentioned 2 or 3 THOUSAND times....ha! :biggrin:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
IMO the bile directed toward Colt was a normal reaction to Mack Brown's allusions to TX winning the game if Colt had been on the field. We of course think that's nonsense. Many TX fans don't. End of issue.

Glad he's doing well in the pros. He seems like a good young man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.