Colt McCoy

jvan

Nov 15, 2010
Alabama fans on this site were pretty tough on Colt McCoy after the NCG. Posters stated that he was not tough and gave up on his team to protect himself. He is playing well for the Cleveland Browns and I wanted to hear Bama fans still felt that he let the Longhorns down in the NCG. Also, Bama was the better team and won the game fair and square and nothing in this post is intended to offend anyone. I just wanted to hear if Bama fans were still negative on Colt. Thanks

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Alabama fans on this site were pretty tough on Colt McCoy after the NCG. Posters stated that he was not tough and gave up on his team to protect himself. He is playing well for the Cleveland Browns and I wanted to hear Bama fans still felt that he let the Longhorns down in the NCG. Also, Bama was the better team and won the game fair and square and nothing in this post is intended to offend anyone. I just wanted to hear if Bama fans were still negative on Colt. Thanks
I'm happy for the young man and have always considered him to be an outstanding Quarterback.

The only problem I had with the title game was Colt, his Father, and even Mack Brown implying that Texas would have had no problem in winning if he had stayed healthy. Simply because it's impossible to predict how he would have played.

Fact is...he didn't hurt himself. Bama knocked his tail off.

And that's just a part of the game.

Regardless, I'm glad he's doing well in the pro's.

sip

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I like Colt McCoy, but I do think he could have at least tried to get back in the game. You didn't once see him over there trying to throw a ball or whatever which makes me think he was trying to save himself for the NFL. He said he was about to carve our D up or something like that's why so many people bashed him. I'm glad to see him doing well in the NFL. I had my doubts simply because of his size.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I like Colt McCoy, but I do think he could have at least tried to get back in the game. You didn't once see him over there trying to throw a ball or whatever which makes me think he was trying to save himself for the NFL. He said he was about to carve our D up or something like that's why so many people bashed him. I'm glad to see him doing well in the NFL. I had my doubts simply because of his size.
If I recall correctly, they made a statement during the game that he tried to throw a couple of passes in the locker room and couldn't even throw it over 5 yards. His arm was completely dead.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
Colt McCoy is doing great. I haven't heard anybody say he wasn't a great college QB. As far as Bama fans giving him a hard time after the NCG we are sorry.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
If I recall correctly, they made a statement during the game that he tried to throw a couple of passes in the locker room and couldn't even throw it over 5 yards. His arm was completely dead.

Yeah. I think that is correct, but I thought he could have at least tried to get it loose or something on the sideline. I don't know. That is just what I took away from it.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
It's my understanding that he tried to throw the ball while he was in the locker room. He couldn't. I can't say that I blame Colt, his dad, or Mack Brown for thinking about Colt's NFL career. At some point we all have to lookout for our best interest. It was in Colt's best interest not ruin his NFL career. I would have a different opinion if he were a freshman or sophomore, but he was essentially 3 hours away from becoming a professional football player.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It's my understanding that he tried to throw the ball while he was in the locker room. He couldn't. I can't say that I blame Colt, his dad, or Mack Brown for thinking about Colt's NFL career. At some point we all have to lookout for our best interest. It was in Colt's best interest not ruin his NFL career. I would have a different opinion if he were a freshman or sophomore, but he was essentially 3 hours away from becoming a professional football player.

I guess that is true. I wouldn't want to screw up my NFL career either if I was him. My uncle made a statement the other day about Mark that I don't agree with. He said Mark is playing like he is protecting his NFL career.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah. I think that is correct, but I thought he could have at least tried to get it loose or something on the sideline. I don't know. That is just what I took away from it.
If his arm was as dead as they made it sound, I don't blame him for not embarrassing himself or drawing further attention by utterly failing to throw in public view of everyone.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I posted 0n another forum that I didn't think he'd ever be a "real" NFL QB.

I went back to that site, and ate some crow (but I reserved a bit...he's only played 3-4 games, I think), so I'll do the same here. He brings something to the Browns that they've been missing...Good for him!

VandyRon

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 4, 2007
I remember this and never understood why Bama Fans were so hard on McCoy.
I've always felt most fans want everyone in the game and beat a team at full strength. No one knows who would have won the game with Colt in there. Texas was as confident as Bama was. If Ingram had not played I'm sure it would have been harder for Bama. I just wish we could have seen both teams at full strength in the championship game. And in regards to Colt's success on Saturday it's a complete mystery to me. I still cannot figure out who will be successful in the NFL. It's a total crap shoot on QB's.

disneybama

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
On the one hand, Colt said things like, “We were about to dominate the game." On the other hand, he praised Bama. What to think?

He is a great QB who really believed that he would have been the difference in the game. Hard to hold that against him. But Bama won that game. He had his chance. Time to move on.

Will he ever be a great QB in the NFL? Hard to tell with this small body of work. But he clearly has skills.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Colt McCoy is doing great. I haven't heard anybody say he wasn't a great college QB. As far as Bama fans giving him a hard time after the NCG we are sorry.
Seems like something he made it sound like "he felt no pain" in his arm.....but in fact he couldn't feel his arm at all. It just came out wrong and people went with it.

I will always believe that he could not play.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I always thought Colt was a good QB and I really enjoyed watching him play for Texas while he was there.

Like many Bama fans, my feelings on him changed AFTER the NC game, based on all of the arrogance and hatred from Texas fans about how there is no way we would win if he was in the game. Like other posters have said, there is just no way to know that for sure. "We were just about to dominate", huh? :rolleyes: Please. An asterisk by our victory, huh? I don't see any asterisk by the UT win over Oklahoma, even though there's no way that Texas would have beaten OK if Bradford was in the game.

That having been said, I don't dislike him and I'm glad to see him succeed in the NFL and prove all the naysayers wrong. I don't really care for the Browns, but I do like watching him play.

disneybama

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Also, remember. Colt DOES NOT play defense. Our RB's shredded the Texas D.
Saban said that Texas completely changed their play calling after Colt went out. He said that the month plus of defensive preparation went out the window. Our defense was winging it the rest of the game. So losing Colt hurt them, but it also helped them.

I have no idea what the final score might have been if Colt had played the entire game, but I believe that Bama would have come out on top, just as Texas fans believe the opposite.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Great college QB who may wind up doing very well in the NFL. Colt's biggest problem in college was his coach. Used to be a fan of Mack Brown until I met him and that changed everything. Hope Colt does well in the pros.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.