Best Store Bought Freezer Rolls

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
I stayed with a friend in B'ham who served the best freezer rolls I've ever had. The were in a round pan and had an orange sweet glaze over the yeast-like rolls. Anyone know what rolls those might be? Do you know of better rolls? I think they were Mrs. XXX, (not a movie star), but a lady's name.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Could they have possibly been these?

Sister Schubert's Orange Yeast Rolls?

They are good rolls and come in a variety including: Parker House Yeast Rolls,
Cheddar Yeast Rolls,Cinnamon Yeast Rolls, Orange Yeast Rolls, Blueberry Yeast Rolls, Sausage Yeast Rolls or Southern Cornbread.

[This message has been edited by BamaLuver (edited 06-20-2004).]

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I had about 3 of Sister's Parkerhouse rolls at Sunday dinner today. They are most excellent, any of their products.

FYI, the company is located in Luverne, AL.

Get 'um, it'll help Sister and keep some money in our state.

------------------
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
- Groucho Marx

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
SCrammerjammer: According to their website, the following stores in South Carolina should sell her products:

Bi Lo, Publix, Harris Teeter, Independent Grocers and Wal-Mart Supercenters

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
SC they do sell them outta state I've been addicted to 'em for years, my grandmother would serve 'em with dinner when I was little...yummmm...Sister Shubert Rolls!!!!!

------------------
I Remember '55

"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself." Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I can't tell you what it means to me to be dressed and in that tunnel and running onto the field at Bryant- Denny Stadium." #56 Todd Bates, Senior 2004.

I BELIEVE

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
WE just got a new Engles and they ordered them for me!

We picked up some Sister S breakfast rolls for company this weekend. I could not find the orange rolls, my favorite. I'll tell the mgr and get some results!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We just had two of the "big" yeast rolls with grilled tenderloin tonight - good comfort food. Did my wife good, sitting there with her broken, pinned wrist. She's a bread lover. I bought a pan of the SSs, wrapped around a link sausage - by accident. Had to eat'em all, of course...

Sistah Shuberts pig in a blankets are THE BOMB !!!

------------------
War in the Transvaal 1900: “when the soldiers going to the front were passing another body of soldiers whom they recognized, their greetings used to be, ‘Four-nine-four, boys; four-nine-four;’ and the salute would invariably be answered with ‘Six further on, boys; six further on.’ The significance of this was that, in ‘Sacred Songs and Solos,’a book of hymns, number 494 was ‘God be with you until we meet again;’ and six further on than 494, or number 500, was ‘Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.’”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.