Pasta: Shrimp & Mushroom Bascilio

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Clean and rough chop fresh mushrooms (crimini, portabella, ....taki, morels, oyster, chantrels, button) use 2 or 3 enough to make at least 4 cups.
Thin slice 4 shallots and chop 2 cloves garlic.
Wash and rinse a big handful of fresh basil and rough chop.
Clean and devein 1 lb fresh shrimp.
Melt 1 stick butter with 1/4 cup EVO.
Start pot of thin spaghetti cooking.
Add mushrooms, scallions and garlic to butter and oil. Season with salt & pepper. Halfway through cooking add shrimp and cook till shrimp are pink and tails curl.
Drain pasta, divide into plates. Toss basil into shrimp and mushrooms then top each plate of spaghetti with mixture along with any butter and oil remaining.
Serve with warm bread, cool salad and a good wine.

we added a hand full of grape tomatoes we cut in half

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Someone (me) went nuts at the grocery store buying mushrooms so tomorrow will do mushrooms again as a gravy over bacon wrapped chopped sirloin. I will use crimini & shataki with some white onion thin sliced and shaved garlic. Cook the shrooms in butter then add a tblsp flour to make a roux and start thinning it with some good wine or vermouth.

The last of the mushrooms will be sauted in butter then added to a red tomato sauce for spaghetti. To the sauce I am adding fresh mussels, bay scallops, 1 small lobster tail meat chopped and a good helping of crushed red peppers.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think I might try this one in honor of Bayoutider. Hopefully I can make it in the next week. Will post pictures.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Turned out tasty. I think there is one correction. Said to add scallions. Think it should have said shallots. After draining the pasta I returned it to the pot and tossed it with a ladle of the juice from the mushrooms and shrimp.

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Will be making this tonight. Love mushrooms and shrimp. Yummy and easy too, just my kind of dish. Thanks bayoutider, will enjoy in your honor!

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
First off, this place and Game Day aren't the same without Rich.

Made this, not too long ago. Had to improvise, so here are my "additions".

The shallots, in the store that day, looked like they had seen better days. So, I moved it towards a scampi style.

Just used EVO, to cook the shrimp/mushroom concoction. Instead, I put the butter, and some chopped Italian parsley, in a sauce pan, and used that to pour over the pasta, once the pasta was cooked. Tossed, and plated the pasta. Poured the shrimp/mushroom concoction on top. Also used grape tomatoes, halved and seeded, in the shrimp/mushroom mix. Maybe 3/4, of the pint container they came in.That amount looked right, but I can see going with the whole pint.

BTW, hate to correct ol' Rich, after the fact, but it is spelled basilico. I guess he had "fat finger", that day. I do it all the time. I hope the correction doesn't offend, as that is not my intention.

God bless Rich and his family. RTR!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.