Alabama assistants reportedly being targeted for coaching jobs

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Our WR Coach Cignetti did indeed interview with Kent St. today for their head position and Coach Sal Sunseri has made it known, he's interested in the Pitt job.

Click me

rangerman

Suspended
Sep 14, 2010
it will also give another person a chance to step up in our staff. if one is hired for HC job.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And word now is that Coach McElwain is being ACTIVELY pursued by Texas. Pretty sure we can match the price, but he likely wouldn't have as many constraints at TX

Last edited:

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
And word now is that Coach McElwain is ACTIVELY pursuing Coach McElwain. Pretty sure we can match the price, but he likely wouldn't have as many constraints at TX
lol I know what you mean. Just saw a tweet from Tommy Deas of the Ttown News.

"Texas has taken active interest in UA OC Jim McElwain to replace Greg Davis. Story coming shortly on tidesports.com"

EDIT: And here is the story. CLICK

With a bonus on the second page...
Texas may also be interested in Alabama defensive line coach Bo Davis, according to a report on the Orangebloods.com website. Texas announced Monday that defensive line coach and special teams coordinator Mike Tolleson is retiring. Davis was an assistant strength and conditioning coach at LSU when current Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp was on Saban's staff there.
If ya can't beat 'em, hire em? lol

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
That's gotta make Applewhite feel really good. Anyone think we'll get an OC who runs some version of the spread if Coach Mac leaves?

Man, Coach Mac looks like Glen Beck in that photo.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
How is this going to affect current recruiting? I would think just the talk of several coaches leaving would affect it somewhat. Should one or more of the actually leave how would it impact our recruiting season? Also, the loss in coaching continuity might be detrimental, although sometimes new blood is exactly what's needed.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
If Coach Sunseri or anyone else can make moves up the coaching tree, then good for them. Coach McElwain needs to be careful about making a lateral move. Mack Brown may not be at UTx much longer and CJM could be left without a chair when the music stops. As a cautionary tale, see Lance Thompson. How's Knoxville Lance? Still building that fence around Tennessee with Kiffin's help?...oh, my bad.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Supposedly McElwain is not our only coach that Texas is interested in. They are also looking at D-line coach Bo Davis, according to Tommy Deas of the Tuscaloosa News.

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Sheesh...this is some kinda power move by Texas...I'm not mad at them.
Other than the money, how helpful is it going to be to work for Mack Brown at Texas? Greg Davis' career sure is on a great arch. Come to think of it, how many guys have gone from Mack's staff to a HC position? I know Chizick went to Iowa State. Who else?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tim Brewster was under him for 13 years before he took the gig at Minnesota. You see how that worked out this season.

Other than the money, how helpful is it going to be to work for Mack Brown at Texas? Greg Davis' career sure is on a great arch. Come to think of it, how many guys have gone from Mack's staff to a HC position? I know Chizick went to Iowa State. Who else?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.