Is anyone here actually rooting for Auburn to beat Oregon?

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Not sure I would call it stooping to their level; more liking giving what you get. If you don't get respect from someone without just cause, you should feel no obligation to give it in return.
that's one way to look at it I guess, but you can't be complaining about it when they do it to us.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
that's one way to look at it I guess, but you can't be complaining about it when they do it to us.
I couldn't, because almost to a person, all the barners I know have never, ever shown any respect to Bama (save a select few), so I have no qualms about showing them none in return.
Complaints are for the envious; the barn has never had anything for me to be envious of.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I saw Oregon vs Cal. I watched their games against Stanford, Oregon State, and USC over the weekend.

I honestly don't think they have a chance.

Well, one....let's say their quarterback tries to run and he sticks his shoulder forward and an Oregon lineman or linebacker hits him just right..

Oops, sorry about that.

I don't think there's a player starting for Oregon that would crack the Alabama starting line-up ON OFFENSE. And we couldn't beat Auburn. Not even James, he wouldn't start ahead of Mark or Trent.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Well...I hate to say it, but I actually will be. I just have too many old friends who deserve to enjoy what I've known as a Bama Man over the years. I don't like what seems to be going on there, and my feelings are certainly not for the school, but just some old friends. Anyway, it will only be once, and probably short-lived at that.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Seriously, Oregon could make this whole situation much easier by just beating the crap out of the Barn. That way, the NCAA won't have to take away the title, and the Barn fans wouldn't be able to claim it. If the Barn wins, and the NCAA takes it away, you know they would still claim it.

I just don't know what I will do if auburn wins. Auburn simply doesn't win national championships and that's how it should always be
No I am not rooting for AU. Something about the color orange. I don't care if its UT, UF, AU, SYRACUSE, etc. Its just wrong and rare in my lifetime (1968-present). ....... Quack! Quack!

Crimsonfan

All-American
Nov 22, 1999
Ider, Al
Well, out of respect for my auburn friends......no... I just can't...... let me start over here. Out of respect for my auburn friend, I will... man I can't even type it! I will NOT be rooting for the cammy cam juice bunch! the best I can do is IF oregon wins, I will not rub it in too bad. However should the $cammers win I will just refuse to discuss it with him and start looking forward to next year's Iron Bowl to set things back into proper order.

oh yeah... QUACK! GO DUCKS!

Last edited:

thetideinmd

1st Team
Aug 14, 2004
western md.
i thought of it this way. the ONLY reason to root for the barners is to keep the SEC NC streak alive. i really can't root for the west coast team BUT if the ducks win we can blame the barners for breaking the SEC streak. so maybe i can pull for the ducks.:cool:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Did anyone here Jay Barker on Jox yesterday. I think he did a good job of explaining and not in a negative way about why the majority of the Bama nation can and wont support aubarn for the NC. He felt the championship spirit of the Alabama in his generation was imparted by Coach Bryant and has continued to grow with Stallings and now Saban. So that ever living Bama fan has experienced at least one National Championship. How many other programs can compete with that. Maybe one or two but you can count them on one hand. That we as a fan base look at winning the NC and owning the state as something that we have earned over the years. He was not negative about the other school down the road but he did in a positive way mention the Scam Newton thing, and how it would be worse to win the title and have it removed from the state of Alabama than for them not even to win it. So I can say i feel Jay is in the same boat with a lot of Bama fans , Aubarns reputation has soiled everything they have won this year.

bamaoldtimer

Suspended
Apr 29, 2010
Houston,Tx
Growing up in Alabama, Like many of you I have family and friends on the otherside. Yea, beating Auburn is great. But I'm an Alabamian. Not an Oregonian. My alliegance's are too my friends and my state. I hope the SEC can add a 5th Title!. Good Luck Auburn and represent the conference and state well. Roll Tide. See you barners next year.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Not now, not ever!
I don't usually care for Oregon but that is not close to the disgust I feel about the barn cult's behavior. Bowl season means pulling for SEC teams at our house, not this game. Their insecurity and desire to beat BAMA at ALL cost have created nasty and dishonest fans who are bringing shame to the SEC and The State of Alabama.

Quack! Quack!

That said, I believe Auburn will win easily. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I think aubie will win but theres no way I will pull for them, I don't care if they are in the sec. If cammy is lying I hope he gets his on the field, then all will be well for me, you noticed I'm giving him the benefit of doubt ,but do I believe that hes not lying, everything points to him as a liar. Roll Tide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.