Is anyone here actually rooting for Auburn to beat Oregon?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Seriously, Oregon could make this whole situation much easier by just beating the crap out of the Barn. That way, the NCAA won't have to take away the title, and the Barn fans wouldn't be able to claim it. If the Barn wins, and the NCAA takes it away, you know they would still claim it.

I just don't know what I will do if auburn wins. Auburn simply doesn't win national championships and that's how it should always be

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
you mean "rooting"?
I think he meant he is hoping for an Oregon routing of the Tigers.

To answer the question I don't as a rule root against the barn other than the Iron Bowl. It has always depended on who was HC and what kind of "talking points" the players talked up. That said, there is no way Cammy is in the same league with Pat Sullivan. Pat I could respect, and did and still do. Go Ducks! Quack.

tmv85

All-SEC
Go Ducks!!!

One of the asst. principals where I teach is the dad to M. Goggans (who was tossed for the 1st half of the UA-au game.) Another former student (E. Freeman) also plays for them, and Coach Willie Martin (on Bama's staff) was the former head coach at my school. Anyhoo...this asst. principal told me today that WHEN auburn wins their NC, he wants to get Michael, Toro, and Coach Martin to come take a picture together with the guys and their rings. I quickly said, "Yeah, Coach Martin could wear his from last year, too." I hope that picture NEVER gets taken!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'm having a tough time....on the one hand, it's aubie. Ugh.

On the other hand, any team that has uni's like oregon doesn't deserve to win anything.

so, all I can say is 'ROLL TIDE'

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
GO DUCKS!!!!! QUACK QUACK!!

thinking of finding me a duck shirt to wear for my barner cousins benefit :)

i will be rooting for the ducks..BIG TIME.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
In 50+ years, I've never hoped Auburn would win anything, so I don't intend to start now. If one doesn't hope Auburn wins, that only leaves one other alternative...they lose. :BigA:

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
At first, I had intended on going SEC all the way if we couldn't go. However, this whole Cam Newton crap has me so ticked off that I don't think I could pull for them if I wanted to. I don't understand how people can be so ignorant of the situation! :rolleyes: Also, Cam Newton's arrogance is sickening. :mad:

I think the SEC is in a lose/lose situation now. If Auburn loses, all we're going to hear is how overrated the SEC is and how good the PAC10 teams are. If they win, we'll have to hear the Auburn fan's pathetic boasting and more than likely that the SEC is a bunch of cheaters if they have to give the championship back.

Next year, Alabama has to bring the integrity back to being a national champion! :BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.