PROS of Auburn Winning & Losing Title Game

TideFactor

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 26, 2009
There is no doubt, I am pulling for Oregon in this game as I detest everything about Auburn and the idea of them winning a National Title makes me sick, especially since I believe they paid players to get there... That being said, I am also a proud SEC fan like many of you, so the idea of the SEC losing to a PAC 10 team also makes me sick. These are the PROS to both as I see them, you may want to remember these so you can make yourself feel better no matter what the outcome of the game may be...

PROS if Auburn WINS
1) 5 Straight SEC Titles by 4 teams, a feat that will NEVER be matched in any of our lifetimes by another conference or maybe ever for that matter.
2) The PAC 10 has to shut up about being on par with the SEC.
3) The rest of the country has to swallow REAL hard and admit that the football they play in their conference doesn't even compare to the SEC.
4) This almost assures that ANY team that comes out of the SEC in 2011 or 2012 as the SEC Champ will be playing in the National Title Game even with 1 loss.
5) The State of Alabama would become the center of the College Football Universe, having back-to-back Heisman Winners, SEC & National Champs from it's 2 Major Schools...something even Florida, Texas & California can't say.
6) With Bama most likely being the favorite (or at least 1 of the top 3) team to win the National Title in 2011, we would have the chance to put the state of Alabama in a place that even we have never experienced as far as National Respect in College Football.
7) Finally, the JOY that will come with the NCAA comes calling and strips Auburn of it's title and possibly Heisman. The SEC will have already received all of the credit for the title Nationally, so this will be all gravy for Tide fans and Auburn haters.

PROS if Auburn Loses
1) Everything Auburn accomplished this year more less goes down the drain. It's ALL very hollow without finishing with a Title after what Bama did last year.
2) The Auburn fanbase will be CRUSHED emotionally.
3) The very real feeling will set in that Auburn can't even BUY a National Title.
4) Auburn fans will still feel like the little step brother that can't have anything that the prodigal son has.
5) We still get to tell recruits that Auburn hasn't won anything since before their parents were born.
6) Auburn is the team that lets THE WHOLE SEC DOWN by not continuing the STREAK of Dominance...not an enviable position.
7) Auburn becomes the only SEC Team to ever reach the BCS Title Game and LOSE...pretty sweet.

Let me know if you have any more to add. I'm trying to prepare myself for the possibility of Auburn winning, but may very well be sitting in a bar in Dallas, Texas wearing Green and Yellow on Monday night and screaming GO DUCKS!!! for the first time ever.

Roll Tide

Bama By Birth

3rd Team
Dec 3, 2010
Ellaville, Ga
There are no "PROS" to Auburn winning...PERIOD.
After crushing Michigan State we have no reason for the booger eaters to prove anything to the rest of the country against Oregon. But it should be a good game against 2 colleges that don't have any history to talk about on the football field. Maybe Booger U get's their 1st MNC (as they call it). The '57 team was still technically API until 1960.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
there are not pros to auburn winning. Love and hate are intertwined and I wish aubie nothing but a slow miserable pathetic death in a puddle of their own filth and then left for the dogs and buzzards.

I just dont get the love or loyalty for a conference that was content in watching our team and my alma mater suffer through the means ordeal, they can fend for themselves, and our association with them is needed only because i enjoy watching Bama go all Conan on them. crush your enemies, see them driven before you and here the lamentaions of their women.

My rants over, but I still cant think of any pros.

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
Forget the SEC, they hate us, they conspire against us, all arrange their bye weeks before us, try to get us put on probation constantly. We don't need the SEC. The SEC needs us. We made football bigtime in the South and after all these years we're still the premier program. Enough SEC love. Alabama is its own beast.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Forget the SEC, they hate us, they conspire against us, all arrange their bye weeks before us, try to get us put on probation constantly. We don't need the SEC. The SEC needs us. We made football bigtime in the South and after all these years we're still the premier program. Enough SEC love. Alabama is its own beast.
^^ This ^^
Screw the rest of the SEC. There's not a one of them that is ever on 'our side' in any situation. As far as I'm concerned, the SEC is a dog-eat-dog conference, and every school and team for themselves. We've always been the target and every other school in the conference has always taken every advantage they could. There are a bunch of dirty-playing teams in the SEC and they wouldn't have a second thought about injuring our players if they thought it would give them an edge.
I hope the aubies are humiliated by Oregon in the same fashion that Miss State did Michigan and the Tide did Mich State. As far as I'm concerned there aren't any "pros" to AU winning the BCSNC game.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
The only pro is a Duck beating the ever living tar out of a Tiger. In regards to the SEC, except for Tenn (don't care until Dooley cleans up that mess, if he can) and the Barn, I will pull for the SEC unless they play my wife's Aggies, sorry LSU!

bamzoo

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 2, 2008
Auburn winning will do nothing to stop annoying big10/pac10 fans from continuing to argue they are our equal. It's not like a barn victory was agreed upon by everyone as the straw to potentially break that camels back. It would only help us in our own minds, so screw it. Go ducks. I don't mind the sec streak being snapped if it means any amount of pain (football "fan"-wise) will come to auburn/the auburn program.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I think the pros of AU winning are few, but the biggest one IMO is that it will expose every hypocrisy they have.

"If we were to win the NC, we certainly wouldn't have the low class to display the trophy at Wal-Mart."
"We don't care about NCs at AU."
"We don't claim tainted titles at AU."

It will be interesting watching the $camgate saga unfold. I have no doubt that the season will be forfeited/vacated later.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.