For any of us married to an Auburn fan...

It's not so bad that she's an AU fan, I knew that when I married her 28+ years ago. The bad thing is she brain washed my daughter and only child!

I got 'em both though.

My grand daughter, now 5, was looking at an animal book, making sounds for each picture. When she came upon an elephant, she made some bleating sound my daughter had taught her.

I told her that was NOT what an elephant said...She looked at me like I was crazy!, knowing that's what she was taught. I told her elephants say Roll TIDE! To this day, ask her what an elephant says, and she gives me a good Alabama Roll TIDE! Even plays with red and white pom poms.

My daughter and wife fume.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
...you have my sympathies. You will have to put up with a lot until the House of Fig crumbles....

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
My wife is an AU alum and we learned early on not to talk football much. This year though, she's had a hard time not running off at the mouth. I calmly tell her it's not going to matter, because Auburn is going to be stripped of the title in a few years when the NCAA is finally shamed into taking action. The sad thing is, she agrees!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You knew in advance that the car you are buying is gonna break down every year.......then suck it up.......you knew what you were getting into, when you "bought" it.

:)

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
My husband is out in AZ right now, amongst his barner fambly, happy as a clam. We have two girls. The older one is all Bama. The younger one likes to think she likes both, but she's a barner. I try to explain to her that she can't like both, and she doesn't like that and gets her feelings hurt when I tell her how much I dislike Auburn (she takes it personally). I tell her there's still plenty of time for her to come over to the bright side, but I don't know if that will happen - she likes the color orange too much. Bleh!

Anyway, I've got at least one kid with good sense. :)

I'm not married to one, but my office manager is a barner. Wonderful and competent person in every other regard. Of course, she also thinks Rick & Bubba are wise seers. I have had to bite my tongue because I value her friendship, but I have told her that she is ultimately going to be very disappointed in Cam Newton and Gene Chizik when all the facts are on the table. How I yearn for that day.

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
My husband is out in AZ right now, amongst his barner fambly, happy as a clam. We have two girls. The older one is all Bama. The younger one likes to think she likes both, but she's a barner. I try to explain to her that she can't like both, and she doesn't like that and gets her feelings hurt when I tell her how much I dislike Auburn (she takes it personally). I tell her there's still plenty of time for her to come over to the bright side, but I don't know if that will happen - she likes the color orange too much. Bleh!

I am too married to an Auburn fan. When she divorced her Aubie husband, I thought she would divorce Auburn as well, but that was not the case, and her only son graduated from Auburn. I just tell anyone with fashion sense that blue and orange is a terrible color combination, and do not coordinate with anything.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well god is mad at me , my sister in law is a Aubarn grad lives in LA now. The snow cancelled their flight back to LA today. I cant get out either to visit customers.

So I will watch the game in a room by myself , DVR it and if the barn is ahead, play on the Wii.

THanks for the snow.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
My two older nieces (6 and almost 4) use "You like Auburn" as an insult. (S and M are the first initials of their names, S is 6, M is 4).

I heard this over Christmas:
S-"You like Auburn!"
M-"No I don't!!!"
S-"Yes you do!, Hahaha!"
M-"Mommy! S said I like Auburn!!!"

My sister and brother-in-law are bringing them up right. ;)

I'm about to be married to a Gator fan. Fortunately, she's not a big fan of orange, so I won't have to deal with that (other than clothes with "Gators" on them), and I have nothing against blue. She actually likes red, so I'm going to use that inroad to try and convert her to being a Bama fan. :biggrin:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I am married to an Auburn fan. If there is such a thing, she is a good AU fan. She cheered for us last year and generally wants Bama to do well. She knows the house is a better place to live when that happens. But here is my plan...I am not going to cheer for AU...cannot do that because I grew up in an AU family. I will be silent and be a classy Bama fan. If they win, I will congratulate her and probably buy her something for her birthday with AU on it. She bought me the NC shirt last year so turn about is fair play. If AU loses, I will be nice and classy about it just as she is when Bama loses. I really think she is a Bama fan but cannot bring herself to admit it.

ABamaManNTX

1st Team
Feb 6, 2005
I've got to go back and read the Bible again. This has got to be one of God's reasons to get a divorce: finding out that your wife is a Barner. What book of the Bible would that be in?

I just don't understand why I haven't heard a COUNTRY song about Divorce resulting from a mixed and dysfunctional marriage in Alabama.

ABamaManNTX

1st Team
Feb 6, 2005
I am married to an Auburn fan. If there is such a thing, she is a good AU fan. She cheered for us last year and generally wants Bama to do well. She knows the house is a better place to live when that happens. But here is my plan...I am not going to cheer for AU...cannot do that because I grew up in an AU family. I will be silent and be a classy Bama fan. If they win, I will congratulate her and probably buy her something for her birthday with AU on it. She bought me the NC shirt last year so turn about is fair play. If AU loses, I will be nice and classy about it just as she is when Bama loses. I really think she is a Bama fan but cannot bring herself to admit it.
Reverend! Isn't that an oxymoron? i.e. a good AU fan. You are living in la la land!

Glad to hear that you're saving your granddaughter from boog hell.
THAT was the whole point of the post Tommy...If only I had more time to spend with my grand daughter.

Keep telling her Staci...nothing good ever came from fence sitting, and there AIN'T NO REASON FOR ORANGE!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Pardon the interruption, but.............

All you folks, married to 'barners............

What on earth where you thinking?

Sorry, just had to ask.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.