Question: Good COLD weather meal?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I've never had "jalapeno mayo" -- but it sounds delicious!!
The easy way without making your own mayo is to use 1/2 cup mayo, 1 jalapeno with seeds and membranes removed use 2 if you feel particularly suicidal or use serano peppers if you really want to get lit up. Use your blender or one of those mini food processors that are so handy and only cost about $30, buzz the pepper with a tsp of lemon juice then add the mayo and maybe some parsley or cillantro and pulse till blended. Good on burgers, sandwiches, making pimento cheese and fish.

Really cold weather means a pot of chili and a big skillet of cornbread.

My wife just fixed us a batch of Pot Liquor soup that fits the bill pretty well, too.

* 2 pounds collard greens
* 1 (2-pound) ham steak, chopped
* 2 tablespoons hot sauce
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 medium onions, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 6 red potatoes, diced
* 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
* 2 (16-ounce) cans field peas, drained
* 2 (16-ounce) cans crowder peas, drained
* 2 cups water
* 1/2 cup vermouth
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1 teaspoon salt
Ummm I think I have a new recipe I have to try very soon :) thanks

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
The easy way without making your own mayo is to use 1/2 cup mayo, 1 jalapeno with seeds and membranes removed use 2 if you feel particularly suicidal or use serano peppers if you really want to get lit up. Use your blender or one of those mini food processors that are so handy and only cost about $30, buzz the pepper with a tsp of lemon juice then add the mayo and maybe some parsley or cillantro and pulse till blended. Good on burgers, sandwiches, making pimento cheese and fish.
We make chipotle mayo or just use sliced jalepeno peppers on ours.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
It's warming up after 3 days below freezing so making a big pan of beef and cheese enchiladas, refried beans, Spanish rice and guacamole.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Whenever it gets cold I cook up some homemade vegetable soup and some corn bread.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Irish beef stew or taco soup and corn bread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.