Favorite Highlight Reel of All Time?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
It seems like HS recruits highlight reels are becoming more and more impressive each year. After a few discussions on other threads I was wondering, what is your favorite highlight reel of all time?

Obviously, Jadeveon Clowney's reel is one of the best videos of all time but I can remember a small RB out of Cypress, TX named Sam McGuffie that had some of the best reels I'd ever seen. He ended up going to Michigan and didn't pan out but his reels were amazing.

Who were some of your favorites?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It seems like HS recruits highlight reels are becoming more and more impressive each year. After a few decisions on other threads I was wondering, what is your favorite highlight reel of all time?

Obviously, Jadeveon Clowney's reel is one of the best videos of all time but I can remember a small RB out of Cypress, TX named Sam McGuffie that had some of the best reels I'd ever seen. He ended up going to Michigan and didn't pan out but his reels were amazing.

Who were some of your favorites?
Actually, McGuffie now plays for Rice. After a year at UM, he transferred back to Texas to play at Rice. I remember his reel because he jumped over a car, didn't he?

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
Clowney's, Reggie Bush's, Noel Devine's and Percy Harvin's come to mind as the best I've ever seen.

Trent Richardson had the best film of any Bama recruit I've seen, and I watched those far, far more times than I needed to. :)

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
[... but I can remember a small RB out of Cypress, TX named Sam McGuffie that had some of the best reels I'd ever seen. He ended up going to Michigan and didn't pan out but his reels were amazing.

Who were some of your favorites?[/QUOTE]

It is funny you mention McGuffie right off the bat as he was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread title. I would put Trent Richardson at a close second as he had several good ones out there. I remember him carrying the ball "high and tight" as him and his friends walked down the railroad track to that sandy hill to get in a good workout. I was sold on him just in watching that video alone!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
From our guys, Prothro and Javier..Vlachos had a nice one too. Just pancake after pancake. Showed a real mean streak. Otherwise, other than the ones already stated, DeSean Jackson and Knowshon Moreno are a couple that come to mind.

EDIT: The best one I've NEVER seen though.....hands down. Al Bundy. Polk High. 4 touchdowns in 1 game. UNREAL

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Noel Devine's is the best I can recall. His videos were the first that I remember going viral. That happened from his Freshman and Sophomore clips.

From our recruits, Andre's wasn't too shabby.
An underrated one, IMO, was Jalston Fowler's.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Roy Upchurch had a great highlight film. Looked like Gayle Sayers. Also Mike Ford in 2006
I thought Ford's highlights were better than both Upchurch and Coffee but he did not pan out near as well. I thought Mark Barron's highlights were incredible on offense running the ball in the wing t and was also a beast at LB of defense. I told a friend he we was our 2nd best recruit in the 2008 class behind Julio and I believe it is true.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.