What's the dumbest question you've ever heard asked?

UA2373

1st Team
Jul 25, 2010
Hoover, AL
I didn't hear it directly but my girlfriend at the time told me about it and another girl who's a friend told me shortly after my girlfriend did, so I'm pretty sure it happened. It occured at an AOTT sorority meeting shortly after being accepted and it involved another girl I went to high school with... during a tour of the UA sorority house whoever was giving the tour came into whatever room the fax machine was in and explained what the fax machine was used for and how to use it. Well this girl I knew from high school asks, "So like your parents can fax you money on this?" I laughed my arse off when I was told that but it didn't really surprise me. That's my dumbest....what's yours?

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Comes from me. I was helping my brother navigate a neighborhood we were unfamiliar with and I had my eyes glued on a GPS receiver - not the neighborhood. It was my brother, his wife, myself and my wife. I saw on the GPS that we were coming up on "Pga Boulevard". Looked to me like the only way to pronounce the word was "Pu-gah". That struck me as a very odd name for a street, so I started going on about what in the heck someone was thinking when they named this street "Pu-gah Boulevard". And everyone else in the car just started laughing at me. Turns out the neighborhood we were driving through was built around a golf course, which of course, I would have known if I had been watching the neighborhood instead of my GPS. And it turns out that my GPS wasn't capitalizing all of the letters in the name of the street.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
In the Army, we had to in-process into the Army Finance system. They will withhold state taxes based on the soldier's domicile. Evidence of domicile are, among other things, owning property in a state, having a driver's license from that state, registering to vote in that state, receiving mail at an address in that state. Some states have no income tax at all. Others exempt military pay as long as the soldier is not based in that state; other exempt all military pay; Virginia taxes military pay like money is going out of style, so which state you claim means a good bit of money one way or another.
I heard a Second Lieutenant (from North Carolina as memory serves) asked this question (in pretty nearly these words): "Sergeant, what if I want to establish residence in a state for tax purposes, but I have no legal way to establish residence in that state for tax purposes. How can I claim residence in that state?"
The sergeant was not impressed.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Most of the dumbest questions I have heard came from Californians but this has to be the dumbest. When I was within two weeks of moving from L.A to Atlanta I met a girl out at a bar one night. I mentioned to her that I was moving to Atlanta and she looked at me dumbfounded and said "Atlanta? I have never heard of Atlanta. Do they have shopping malls there?" I just remained calm and replied "Nope, we just meet at Farmer Joes and trade goods." Then I told her that it was just a small town in Ga with a population of about 300 people including the cows. She then asked "You have cows in Atlanta?"

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Most of the dumbest questions I have heard came from Californians but this has to be the dumbest. When I was within two weeks of moving from L.A to Atlanta I met a girl out at a bar one night. I mentioned to her that I was moving to Atlanta and she looked at me dumbfounded and said "Atlanta? I have never heard of Atlanta. Do they have shopping malls there?" I just remained calm and replied "Nope, we just meet at Farmer Joes and trade goods." Then I told her that it was just a small town in Ga with a population of about 300 people including the cows. She then asked "You have cows in Atlanta?"
I had the same thing happen to me on a trip to LA, except instead of shopping malls, they wanted to know if we had slaves.

I

It's On A Slab

Three weeks ago, I had my door closed in my office, the speaker phone was blaring with the chatter of several people on my conference call.

Bleach-blond office bimbo opens the door, stands there for nearly a minute, and then whispers, "Are you on a conference call?"

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This one, as far as dumb questions I've ever heard, easily takes the cake. We're sitting in our Sunday Morning Bible class at church. This is a high school class, mind you. The teacher mentions that he might not be there next Sunday, so he might have someone filling in for him. Here's the rest of the conversation:

Student: Why aren't you going to be here?
Teacher: Well, my sister's due date was last week, but she hasn't gone into labor yet. If she hasn't gone into labor by Saturday morning, then they're going to induce labor.
Student: Oh, really? Is she pregnant?

BornCRIMSON

1st Team
Sep 28, 2009
Trussville ALABAMA
A few years ago on a hunting trip, a buddy and I were driving to our hunting cabin. Two days before we had gone off daylight savings time back to standard time. We had discussed how we like hunting better on standard time vs. DST, you have more time after dark to clean up, have dinner, and relax a bit before turning in. He paused for 20 or 30 seconds, then looked at me with a curios look on his face and asked, "Do you think the time change affects the deer movement?"..........I told him "No, because with their cloven hoofs it's almost impossible for them to pull the crown out on their watch and reset the time".....

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I was stargazing with this chick back in the day. The moon was particularly interesting to her. After agreeing with her on just how incredible the moon was, she got sort of melancholy that China/the other side of the earth didn't get to enjoy such a beautiful sight. When I told her that the rest of the world gets to see it as well, she responded, "You mean there are two moons?"

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I was stargazing with this chick back in the day. The moon was particularly interesting to her. After agreeing with her on just how incredible the moon was, she got sort of melancholy that China/the other side of the earth didn't get to enjoy such a beautiful sight. When I told her that the rest of the world gets to see it as well, she responded, "You mean there are two moons?"
Winner.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I dated a Yankee Gal a few years back..We went out to dinner & while we're ordering..She asked me what is "Sweet Tea"..***..That's not a question you ask a southern boy..It's safe to say we didn't go back out..

I

It's On A Slab

Not a dumb question, but a really dumb answer:

When I lived in Dothan, you couldn't get draft beer in restaurants. I would always laugh when a traveler would ask if they had any draft beer, and the waitress would respond, "We don't have draft beer, but we DO have Miller Genuine Draft in the bottle."

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Not a question but probably a dumb statement. After fininshing boot camp north of Chicago, several of us walked across the base to look out over Lake Michigan. One of the guys in our company was from Oklahoma and upon seeing this huge body of water stated, "This is the first time I have ever seen the ocean, this is why I joined the Navy." The other three of us laughed until we realized he was not laughing and was dead serious.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
An intentionally dumb comment as a joke that didn't work ....... About a dozen years ago, when I was doing corporate law, I traveled to NYC frequently to work on the Bell Atlantic-GTE merger (that would become Verizon). We were working in midtown, and while looking out the office window to a small park (one square block) across the street, I deadpanned to my twit colleage, "I always thought Central Park was bigger." The acknowledgment of the obvious joke never came. She responded, "I'm still going to go there during lunch and take some pictures so I can prove that I was there."

She was tall and blonde and busty, and I'm sure she was climbing the ladder based on merit.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
A girl who drove a VW bug - one of the old ones - about 10 years ago.
"Yeah, it's old, so it has some problems. It's not even honking any more. Maybe it needs some horn fluid?"
She had dark hair.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Thanks Bamaro. I had forgot that song. Still cracks me up. It definitely fit many of the women that I enjoyed back in my youth. Didn't date them for their minds. And yes, the girl that I was engaged to that went to USC was from Encino. She might have been the only intelligent life that came out of Encino.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.