USA 3/30

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Bottom 9, 3-3. Dugas leads off with a walk (4th of the night). Steals second. Bennett singles him home. Ballgame. 4-3 Bama. These guys have a knack for finding a way to win and I like it!

RoyDMercer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2009
Cool thing about that was Dugas was at 1st, Bennett squared to bunt and the USA 1st basemen crashed/vacated to cover the bunt and Dugas was gone while Bennett pulled back the bunt, so you just knew Bennett was bunting him to 3rd , USA thought that, so they crashed again this time with the 3rd basemen crashing and their SS heading to 3rd and Bennett hit a routine ground ball to short but the SS was gone. Dugas scored from 2nd base.

Lots of quality coaching last night IMO

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Cool thing about that was Dugas was at 1st, Bennett squared to bunt and the USA 1st basemen crashed/vacated to cover the bunt and Dugas was gone while Bennett pulled back the bunt, so you just knew Bennett was bunting him to 3rd , USA thought that, so they crashed again this time with the 3rd basemen crashing and their SS heading to 3rd and Bennett hit a routine ground ball to short but the SS was gone. Dugas scored from 2nd base.

That is great to hear. As a middle school coach, that is why we say....watch the hands, watch the hands!

Sounds like USA should have just walked him and too their chances from there. If you beunt them over to 2nd and 3rd, you simply walk the bases and hope for the best.

Clarkmom

May 27, 2010
So glad to finally hear some positive things said about the coaching staff on the board. I definitely think there is a method to their madness and it seems to be working so far. Everyone has been complaining about all the bunting going on but with the new bats I think there is a need for it.

bamzoo

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 2, 2008

No doubt. Gotta take the bunt off when they show the wheel play. Playing well...2/3 this weekend and i'll start doing cartwheels.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.