News Article: Mark Ingram Wins Vote to Become Cover Athlete of NCAA Football 12

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
What is really wrong about this is that neither he nor Alabama will benefit financially from this.
Cant find a link to back this up, but I believe he gets paid for doing the photoshoots that they use to make the cover. Not sure on the universities end if they will get any money from it or not, but it will help in other ways. NCAA Football is always one of the top selling games and now everyone who buys it will see Mark Ingram and Alabama every time they put the game in. Will help with recruiting and brand recognition.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What is really wrong about this is that neither he nor Alabama will benefit financially from this.
I'm pretty sure that EA has to pay him to use his likeness and they also have to pay a license fee to use the Alabama uniforms and logos. Now the uniforms and team logos may be cover under the NCAA license agreement but, I'm pretty sure each university gets someting out of it, probably not a whole lot though.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I wonder if the Xbox 360 version will have a different cover. I know with Tebow the covers were different for the different versions.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I'm not so sure MI will get paid. Tyrone Prothro is part of a lawsuit regarding use of his spectacular catch v. Southern Miss by ESPN and others and he gets nothing for it. Apparently, when he signed his letter of intent, he signed away use of his likeness, etc. to the NCAA. I would think MI is in the same boat

BamaEyeDoc

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2006
I would guess that the video game cover would be much different than showing a video clip on ESPN. They never use an athlete who is currently still active in the ncaa. Figure compensation would be the reason. Maybe not though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.