Global Warming: Opinions and Politics

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
You are so right. However, "Global Warming" is just one of many bludgeons used by a particular political faction to rationalize increased government control of people for what they believe is the greater good.
But what if general awareness shifts the desires of consumers give business a niche market to capitalize on? This is already happening. Once people stop the political rhetoric and look at the science evolving around CC and make judgements for themselves, I firmly believe that most will make small changes on their own. We don't need Al Gore or Michael Moore being the spokesmen for Climate change. We don't need celebrities or politicians. I just want the science to be judged on its own.

The reason I am on here talking about GW or CC is so people will stop blindly believing it is false because they either A) Don't know the science, B) Choose to ignore it, C) Are misled by leaders in the political party they follow because the leaders themselves think it is a ploy to have a stronger government, or even an ever popular one D) Don't care if it is caused by humans or not, they don't want their lives to negatively affected in any way including a stronger government.

My argument is not meant to increase the power of the government. By people actively choosing to recycle or ride with their friends to the movies instead of taking 4-5 cars to all meet up there, this will be a huge help. However, none of that starts to happen until the political rhetoric stops. Both sides use the issue for leverage in one matter or the other, but hey that is politics. I can't control what they slap onto bills like creating 50 new bureaucratic systems just so we can get closer to a carbon free energy source. It is just sad to see what a scientific endeavor to help create new energy sources that are economically viable, renewable, and effective has become due to senseless politics.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
But what if general awareness shifts the desires of consumers give business a niche market to capitalize on? This is already happening. Once people stop the political rhetoric and look at the science evolving around CC and make judgements for themselves, I firmly believe that most will make small changes on their own. We don't need Al Gore or Michael Moore being the spokesmen for Climate change. We don't need celebrities or politicians. I just want the science to be judged on its own.

The reason I am on here talking about GW or CC is so people will stop blindly believing it is false because they either A) Don't know the science, B) Choose to ignore it, C) Are misled by leaders in the political party they follow because the leaders themselves think it is a ploy to have a stronger government, or even an ever popular one D) Don't care if it is caused by humans or not, they don't want their lives to negatively affected in any way including a stronger government.

My argument is not meant to increase the power of the government. By people actively choosing to recycle or ride with their friends to the movies instead of taking 4-5 cars to all meet up there, this will be a huge help. However, none of that starts to happen until the political rhetoric stops. Both sides use the issue for leverage in one matter or the other, but hey that is politics. I can't control what they slap onto bills like creating 50 new bureaucratic systems just so we can get closer to a carbon free energy source. It is just sad to see what a scientific endeavor to help create new energy sources that are economically viable, renewable, and effective has become due to senseless politics.
You are aware the "scientists" who care up with the data have admitted that they lied about "the science" of global warming?

Personally I am more concerned about man made earth rotation. It's effects cause half the earth to go completely dark for almost half a day. We have got to solve this problem soon.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
None of the things you mention will even slow down global warming. Not a single one. Not according to your science, at least.
it is the same mentality as giving money to a bum. you actually arent helping anyone, but as long as it makes you feel good then that is all that matters. likewise with the GW crowd- if they throw money at it, they can sleep well at night, even though it won't actually reduce GW in any way.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
CT, there are just some types that, even if its for their benefit, dont like being told what needs to be done. Probably were the type to hold their breath when little. Others are too greedy and afraid they might have to spend a few dollars to rectify the situation. Unfortunately it is their children who will ultimately pay the price. Both will argue even when science says otherwise.
There are some types that, even if it causes harm to everyone, like being told what needs to be done. Probably the type that never learned to think for themselves, understand the value of a dollar, or cared about freedom. Others just like to misdefine "greed" and are too eager to force other to spend their hard earned money due to jealousy and ignorance. Unfortunately it is the next generation that will ultimately pay the price. These types will latch onto government reports and call it science.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
As I and others have said before, every man, woman and child in America suddenly generate no pollution, and it wouldn't make any difference. The more than 2,000,000,000 Chinese and Indians are the first to say "hello."

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
As I and others have said before, every man, woman and child in America suddenly generate no pollution, and it wouldn't make any difference. The more than 2,000,000,000 Chinese and Indians are the first to say "hello."
Wrong, it certainly would make a difference but you are correct that this is a problem that needs to be addressed worldwide.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You realize that India and China already dwarf us in population and they are growing faster than us? Fell free to throw away your money and freedom on silly beliefs, but I'll pass on this nonsense.
I like the way you always 'shift' the argument just a bit. I'll pass on this moving target and you can go back to your unfounded beliefs.

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
Keep pulling buckets of water out of the ocean and telling yourself your solving the problem of rising sea levels. Don't mind the rest of the world's laughter.
America. The country that decides not to try to do anything when the trial is too hard. (Are we talking about the same America?)

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
America. The country that decides not to try to do anything when the trial is too hard. (Are we talking about the same America?)
There is a difference between things you can control and things you can't control, no? Let me know when China, India, Russia, etc. play ball.

And the solution was ethanol, right? I was forced to give up some wealth for the greater good. The problem has been solved.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Like liberals when it comes to govt. spending and the need to reform entitlements before our country goes bankrupt? :)
I'm hearing we have come out of the recession. Why am I not feeling this?

- Gasoline ticking up to projected $6 per gallon
- Food and consumable goods inflation of a second wave of 25-30% since Jan. 1
- Stagnant wages
- House prices continue to decline. Some states have up to 60% of homeowners "underwater.'
- S&P outlook on US downgraded to "negative"
- Devaluation of the dollar partly responsible for inflation (Thanks for printing all this money, U.S. Treasury - where is it?)

I am glad we're out of the recession and everyone is prosperous again.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
There is a difference between things you can control and things you can't control, no? Let me know when China, India, Russia, etc. play ball.

And the solution was ethanol, right? I was forced to give up some wealth for the greater good. The problem has been solved.
I like the folks who buy the hybrids (helping the enviroment). I wonder where they think the energy comes from to charge the batteries when they plug the car into the receptacle?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.