Global Warming: Opinions and Politics

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
says the resident gay troll who specializes in tantrums and BS
You made an asinine remark multiple times. I asked if you could back it up. You stomped your foot in refusal and began attacking me for not bowing to you in blind belief. It's pretty simple, and even more illuminating to your character.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
You made an asinine remark multiple times. I asked if you could back it up. You stomped your foot in refusal and began attacking me for not bowing to you in blind belief. It's pretty simple, and even more illuminating to your character.
Yawn. You're an arse and everyone here knows it. If finding the specific thread from about five years stating the obvious is that important to you, look it up. I'm not doing your research for you. The blind belief is not mine. I was skeptical of ethanol from the beginning. I've been proven right. Your prancing around the issue and trying to obscure the discussion is about as obvious as ...... well, it's as obvious as you being a gay troll.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Which is not really relevant to the global warming fraud. And, like I said, look it up if it means that much to you.
Since you implicated posters here as supportive of ethanol, my question was completely relevant. If you can't or won't back up a claim, then do not make it. And if you can't be civil about some disagreement, you need to grow up.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Since you implicated posters here as supportive of ethanol, my question was completely relevant. If you can't or won't back up a claim, then do not make it. And if you can't be civil about some disagreement, you need to grow up.
Heh. Being lectured by someone like Charmin is one of the most amusing things on this board.

Do you not remember when ethanol was all the rage? Well, it was. Do you remember Al Gore? He made a lot of money pushing this snake oil. And several of the "we have to do something" posters here supported the idea. To deny what is common knowledge is trolling. I remember those posts, but I am not going to do your research for you. If you claim you weren't one then so be it. Then it doesn't concern you. I have not given specific names because it is irrelevant to the discussion.

If you can't keep the topic on target and stop trolling, then you need to grow up.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
And several of the "we have to do something" posters here supported the idea. To deny what is common knowledge is trolling.
Clearly it isn't common knowledge, but no matter. Can you perhaps name these specific posters? You know, to aid my research of your alleged point.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
A few points.

1) From the limited time we have been recording atmospheric science data (roughly 200 years) we have seen cyclic changes in all facets of weather, from tropical storm systems, temperature fluctuations, and severe storm activity.

2) Geological data points to periods where the entire planet was much warmer and alternatively much cooler than our current climate.

3) We know that activity on the sun has a direct impact on our climate, we don't know the cycles as our reckoning of time is severely limited.

To say that we are the sole cause of global warming/climate change is ridiculous and junk science at best. Sweeping changes have occurred long before our species arose as sentient beings. I personally find it amusing how so many people want to jump on the bandwagon, pass themselves off as experts and then turn around and get offended when exquisitely simple logic is presented.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.