2013 WR Earnest Robinson Signs With Auburn, Fails to Qualify

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Re: 2013 WR Earnest Robinson Update

Looks like Robinson did a little against Walker this week... after they were down 31.

The Indians’ last touchdown came on a 40-yard touchdown pass from Powell to Earnest Robinson with 6:05 left in the game.

Robinson, an Auburn verbal commitment, was a non-factor for the Indians. He caught just one pass for five yards in the first half and finished with four receptions for 98 yards — 93 of those yards came in the final quarter.
http://www.mountaineagle.com/view/f...in-rout-of-Pinson-Valley?instance=home_sports

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

totally agree. I was watching their game against ULM for a short time today. I just cannot find anything positive about them...

telling the truth isn't negative recruiting. AU sucks and will keep sucking with its current staff, not negative just stating a fact. There's no lie or distortion of the facts. AU's best WR during the Chiz era didnt get drafted, didnt get a degree and is probably cleaning the friers at a burger king right now.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

So the Auburn rivals site says we are "negatively recruiting" -- i.e. we showed some of their game film -- on a kid who we never gave a firm offer to in the first place? Of course, in fairness, when you have the kind of juggernaut passing game like Auburn has, rival schools have to do everything we can to get that kind of talent, right?

This is just plain laughable. The trees must not be dying fast enough or something.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

So the Auburn rivals site says we are "negatively recruiting" -- i.e. we showed some of their game film -- on a kid who we never gave a firm offer to in the first place? Of course, in fairness, when you have the kind of juggernaut passing game like Auburn has, rival schools have to do everything we can to get that kind of talent, right?

This is just plain laughable. The trees must not be dying fast enough or something.
I loved that. Admiting that showing your team's game fiilm is negative recruiting has to be hard.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So who is this kid's main recruiter at the barn? :rolleyes:
You've got one guess. I'll give some hints:

He wears a hat backwards.
He waves a towel.
He claims to coach WRs, yet the Auburn WRs never do well.
He coached at UT, and Vol fans don't like him now.
He coached at Okie State, and Cowboy fans don't like him now.

Need anymore hints?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He waves a towel.

Need anymore hints?
More please!:smile:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He waves a towel.

Need anymore hints?
That is who I thought.

No surprise there! :cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Just to kind of close the chapter on this one, Robinson failed to qualify academically and will be enrolling at East Mississippi Community College. He had taken several summer courses but apparently did not make the grades he needed to make it through the Clearinghouse.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just to kind of close the chapter on this one, Robinson failed to qualify academically and will be enrolling at East Mississippi Community College. He had taken several summer courses but apparently did not make the grades he needed to make it through the Clearinghouse.
My brother-in-law has some connections with the PVHS athletic department. Supposedly, Earnest needed to make 4 A's to qualify.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

My brother-in-law has some connections with the PVHS athletic department. Supposedly, Earnest needed to make 4 A's to qualify.
I heard three, but either way that is about right. He took several summer courses to make up for classwork that he had struggled with previously, and I think he needed to make an A in just about everything to have a chance to qualify. He didn't score high enough to the second time around, though, and who knows if it would have made it through the Clearinghouse even if he had? I'm assuming the answer on that one is no.

In any event, it just underscores how dire his academic situation was, and why we passed on him in the first place. Admittedly, though, he's a very talented kid, and if he can get it together academically in the JUCO ranks, he will be a highly sought-after prospect in a couple of years.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

If UA gives a recruit an offer and they don't come to UA then I consider it a miss. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing and considering that the staff seems to have backed off some indicates that ER wasn't a high priority on their boards. They did give him an offer though and he went somewhere else. UA could've been wanting to see what he would do in the fall of next year before they recruit him heavily if the grades improve but still consider it a miss. Congrats to ER though b/c he does seem like a really nice person and getting a 4 yr D1 scholly should be good for him
If a school gives a recruit a 4 year scholarship and they don't pan out and decide to stay in school anyway, couldn't this bite them big time if say 4 or 5 recruits do this?

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007

not the way I understand it. The scholarship limits only apply to players on the team. If they are not on the team anymore, they don't count towards the 85 limit even if they are still on a scholarship

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Just going to update this one for the file, given that Robinson is/was a rising 2015 JUCO prospect. Per the Trussville Tribune:

A former Pinson Valley High School football star is set to appear Aug. 12 for a preliminary hearing on a first-degree robbery charge, according to court records.

The charge stems from a May 27 incident in which Robinson and two others allegedly set up a man and robbed him in the Crestwood Boulevard area, according to Birmingham Police Department Lt. Sean Edwards.

Robinson has apparently been out of jail on bond.

Don't have the slightest clue on the underlying merits of that criminal case, but obviously that really puts him in jeopardy moving forward. He had a snoozer of a year last season at Scooba Tech, but some thought he could burst back onto the scene with a strong showing this fall. Obviously, this probably makes that a highly unlikely outcome at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.