Question: What are some of your stupid/"weird" quirks?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Probably a good idea. Studies show most people do not wash hands afterwards so you are touching the last few users junk by proxy when grabbing the door knob.:eek:
There's a guy at work who never washes his hands after going to the bathroom. But, several times I've seen him come into the bathroom, wash his hands and walk back out. Makes me wonder what in God's name he could have been doing before he came in.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I suppose my biggest weird hangup is I always eat "worst to best". I eat the crust off of sandwiches first because it's my least favorite part, leaving the yummy, soft middle for last. If I have a plate of entrees, I'll eat my least favorite first, working my way to the best entree. If it's candy, like say Mike and Ike, it's the lemon first, followed by the lime, then the orange, then the strawberry, and finally the cherry. I always finish the fries before I start the burger. Baked potato before the steak. etc.

I think it's an obsessive delayed gratification thing.

It bugs me when I'm communally eating with people who eat "best to worst" (most people), because by the time I'm getting around to "best", it's usually gone since they ate it all first. At home, I'm almost always stuck eating end pieces because everyone else skips them.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I suppose my biggest weird hangup is I always eat "worst to best". I eat the crust off of sandwiches first because it's my least favorite part, leaving the yummy, soft middle for last. If I have a plate of entrees, I'll eat my least favorite first, working my way to the best entree. If it's candy, like say Mike and Ike, it's the lemon first, followed by the lime, then the orange, then the strawberry, and finally the cherry. I always finish the fries before I start the burger. Baked potato before the steak. etc.

I think it's an obsessive delayed gratification thing.

It bugs me when I'm communally eating with people who eat "best to worst" (most people), because by the time I'm getting around to "best", it's usually gone since they ate it all first. At home, I'm almost always stuck eating end pieces because everyone else skips them.
I never really thought about it too much, but I do the same thing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
How did I miss THIS thread? You think Y'ALL have issues? Well, some of yours are the same as mine, ha ha.

- when I start to walk, I always begin with the left foot. (mililtary march ptsd?)

- I always sit on the end of the church pew but in the middle row in the first eight rows, usually in the first three or so.

- do NOT eat food off my plate, serious bodily injury will result

- I don't give a damn what you're eating, I don't want any of it. If I wanted what you have, I would have ordered it.

- I never fill a gas tank until it's nearly bone dry (exception: when I'm traveling through unfamiliar territory and esp out West, where you sometimes go 200 miles to the next gas station)

- when I eat, I eat the first bite on the right side only and then alternate; I always end on the left. If that doesn't happen then I stop a bite short or find something else I can take three bites of to even things out

- half-drank sodas drive me nuts

- I always put the right shoe on first but only after BOTH socks are on.

- I always shave in the same pattern: start with sideburn on the right and work my way over

- same with brushing my teeth: it's always top right front (whole front) then top right back and then right to left on the bottom in the same pattern

- same with flossing

- come to think of it, the last time I had sex (and I know the exact day over three years ago, yes I do).....never mind.......I'm forgetting......

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I have a friend who does that. She even has a name for the process: "Best bite".

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I always set the volume of a television or the air conditioner temperature setting to a number that is divisible by 3...really just about anything that expresses capacity as a number.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
3. I am obsessed with symmetry. If I step on a "line" in the floor with my right foot, I have to do the same with my left foot. If something touches the right side of my face, I have to touch the left side of my face.
I, umm, understand this completely. In addition, right and left turns need to balance out. Also, if I turn around to the right or left, I must turn back around in a manner which 'undoes' it, never in a manner which turns me all the way around.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I, umm, understand this completely. In addition, right and left turns need to balance out. Also, if I turn around to the right or left, I must turn back around in a manner which 'undoes' it, never in a manner which turns me all the way around.
Does NASCAR cause you discomfort?

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
- when I start to walk, I always begin with the left foot. (mililtary march ptsd?)
I can totally relate to this. I do the same thing. I also occasionally catch myself trying to put on my "cover" when I exit a building, even if I don't have one, or trying to take it off when I enter, even if I'm not wearing one.

- half-drank sodas drive me nuts
Me too. Waste of any kind drives me nuts, especially half drank sodas.

See my post above re: the end pieces. The rest of the family will open a new loaf before they'll touch the end pieces. So I feel obliged to eat them in order to avoid wasting bread. Once, after eating like four consecutive sandwiches made with end pieces, I caught my adult daughter skipping them again to make a sandwich with middle pieces. Her argument was that she didn't like them and we could just throw them away. I told her that I don't like them either, and since I'm buying the bread, I don't want it wasted. So I made her make and eat an end piece sandwich so that I wouldn't have to. I still don't think she's forgiven me for that. But bread didn't get wasted and I got to enjoy a rare middle piece sandwich. :)

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
See my post above re: the end pieces. The rest of the family will open a new loaf before they'll touch the end pieces. So I feel obliged to eat them in order to avoid wasting bread. Once, after eating like four consecutive sandwiches made with end pieces, I caught my adult daughter skipping them again to make a sandwich with middle pieces. Her argument was that she didn't like them and we could just throw them away. I told her that I don't like them either, and since I'm buying the bread, I don't want it wasted. So I made her make and eat an end piece sandwich so that I wouldn't have to. I still don't think she's forgiven me for that. But bread didn't get wasted and I got to enjoy a rare middle piece sandwich. :)
I've never minded eating "end-piece" sandwiches. They make good PB&Js, especially when using crunchy peanut butter.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You know that expression "He puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else"?

Well, I don't. I have always stuck both legs through my pants at the same time. It seems weird to me to do it one at a time and I always found the expression strange.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.