Summer Ball

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The thing with McGavin kind of aggravates me. The guy has potential.

Rosecrans didn't come here to pitch, did he?

rtr

RoyDMercer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2009
No he didn't but we seen Rosecrans with a glove and it wasn't pretty. In Mobile we seen him at 1b and that was awful and when he did get behind the plate you held your breathe for the pass ball. The McGavin thing bothered me as well especially him being a freshmen.

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Troy Sutherland started tonight's game for the Acadiana Cane Cutters on the road at Coppell. He pitched 5 innings. Allowed 6 hits and 2 runs (one of them earned). 3BB and 3SO. He leaves after 5, in line for the win as the Cane Cutters lead 3-2. Got in trouble several times but managed to get out of it. Great job Troy. Roll Tide!!! After 6, still 3-2. After 7, 6-2. Troy gets the win!!! Final score 6-3.

Last edited:

Clarkmom

May 27, 2010
McGavin didn't have a choice. He was suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules before the end of the season.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
McGavin didn't have a choice. He was suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules before the end of the season.
Well, rules contrary to popular belief, are not made to be broken. I am sure he was given the ultimatum to work himself back on to the team, or instead of being suspended indefinitely he would have been dismissed immediately. Just my .02.

Clarkmom

May 27, 2010
Well, rules contrary to popular belief, are not made to be broken. I am sure he was given the ultimatum to work himself back on to the team, or instead of being suspended indefinitely he would have been dismissed immediately. Just my .02.
I just meant that he didn't leave because of grades or playing time. I think he broke a rule and the coaches dismissed him.

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Another good start for Troy Sutherland tonight. Pitched 7 shut out innings - 3 hits, 2BB and 7 SO. Acadiana Cane Cutters won 6-0. Andrew Miller went 3 for 4 with 3 runs scored.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.