Offseason Trivia: 12 Stats for 2011 (Guess what stat)

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Ok, here are 12 statistical predictions I'm making for the 2011 season. The only thing is that I'm only giving you the stat value, and not the stat name. :)

Let's see who can guess the most. A prize for the first person to guess them all correctly.

In 2011, the Alabama Crimson Tide will amass the following (random, sort of) stats:

12 (wins)

30.2 (offensive points/game)

5.1 (offensive rushing yards/carry)

206.27 (offensive rushing yards/game)

218.78 (offensive passing yards/game)

19 (offensive passing td's)

10 (offensive interceptions thrown)

25 (offensive rushing td's)

2.48 (defensive rushing ypc)

252.67 (defensive yard/game allowed)

8.7 (deffensive points/game)

6 (defensive td's)
Any better than my last one?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]JohnnyB, we had the same list, except the last item. I assume you got that one right, and we both got one other wrong...
I think the wrong one almost has to be 19, 10, or 25. I'll go with 10, and that should be fumbles or sacks...
[/FONT]

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL
JohnnyB, we had the same list, except the last item. I assume you got that one right, and we both got one other wrong...
I think the wrong one almost has to be 19, 10, or 25. I'll go with 10, and that should be fumbles or sacks...
I think the 2.48 could possibly be sacks per game, because the 19 and 25 are probably dependent on each other, as in, if you miss one, you miss the other because we know that one of them has to be right.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Okay, times up. :)

In 2011, the Alabama Crimson Tide will amass the following (random, sort of) stats:

12 (Regular Season Wins)

30.2 (Average Points per Game)

5.1 (Average Yards per Rush)

206.27 (Average Yards per Game Rushing)

218.78 (Average Yards per Game Passing)

19 (Passing TD's)

10 (Total Interceptions Thrown)

25 (Total Interceptions Taken Away)

2.48 (Defense Yards per Rush Allowed)

252.67 (Total Defense)

8.7 (Defensive Points Allowed per Game)

6 (Touchdowns scored by Defense/Special Teams)

In case you haven't guessed, I'm pretty optimistic about this year's team. :)

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL

12 (Regular Season Wins)

30.2 (Average Points per Game)

5.1 (Average Yards per Rush)

206.27 (Average Yards per Game Rushing)

218.78 (Average Yards per Game Passing)

19 (Passing TD's)

10 (Total Interceptions Thrown)

25 (Total Interceptions Taken Away)

2.48 (Defense Yards per Rush Allowed)

252.67 (Total Defense)

8.7 (Defensive Points Allowed per Game)

6 (Touchdowns scored by Defense/Special Teams)

Haha darn, you got me with the total defensive interceptions. I was doin calculations to see if 19 passing TD's and 25 rushing TD's would be close to 30 pts a game and if you add in extra points and an average of 1.5 field goals a game, its almost dead on!

I could definitely see these stats being very very close to the truth. Our defense is going to be incredible this year. From watching them in the spring and in the bowl game, I've seen some amazing stuff from this group. Everyone needs to make sure and enjoy this season because it's gonna be something special!

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I know it's sort of bad form to drudge up 1 1/2 year-old threads but I came across this one in a search and thought it was interesting. This is a list of team stats that I predicted in June of 2011 that the 2011 Alabama team would amass during the regular season. I was a bit off but the results are interesting, comparing them to the entire 2011 season's results.

(NOTE: I've italicized and underlined my additional comments in the quote.)

12 (Regular Season Wins) --- Off by 1, only 11 in the regular season but 12 total! :)

30.2 (Average Points per Game) --- We actually averaged 34.8 points per game.

5.1 (Average Yards per Rush) --- We averaged 5.49 yards per rush - even better than I predicted but not too far off.

206.27 (Average Yards per Game Rushing) --- We averaged 214.46 yards rushing - pretty close.

218.78 (Average Yards per Game Passing) --- We averaged 215.2 yards passing - very close.

19 (Passing TD's) --- We only had 16 Passing TDs.

10 (Total Interceptions Thrown) --- We only threw 8 INTs on the year.

25 (Total Interceptions Taken Away) --- I could be wrong but I think I meant to put "Total Turnovers Taken Away", of which we ended up with only 20.

2.48 (Defense Yards per Rush Allowed) --- We gave up 2.43 yards per rush on the year - extremely close.

252.67 (Total Defense) --- We blew this away, only giving up 183.6 yards per game.

8.7 (Defensive Points Allowed per Game) --- We only gave up 8.2 points per game - very close.

6 (Touchdowns scored by Defense/Special Teams) --- Only 4 here - oh, well.

This was a pretty good thread. I'm thinking that maybe I'll start a somewhat similar thread for the 2013 season - for some off-season fun/pondering - where everyone can make their own predictions for a specified set of stats and we'll see who ends up being the closest. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.