Casey Anthony Verdict In

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
As a former prosecutor, I can assure that #4 without #5 gets you nowhere.

A HUGE problem is that the prosecution could not prove that the child was murdered, only that she died. It is nearly impossible to get a murder conviction if you can't prove that a murder occurred. When I heard before the verdict came out that there was no clear evidence of cause of death, I expected an acquittal.
What about the duct tape where her mouth and nose had been? Surely she didn't drown in the pool with duct tape over her mouth. <<< (Said in sarcasm) What a bunch of lies that were told. It's too bad that one juror didn't have the guts to hang the d*** jury!!! Then they would have had to try her all over again, and maybe that jury would have had sense enough to convict her. Haven't people been convicted on less circumstantial evidence than what was produced during that trial?

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
something has been bothering me about this for a while- the meter reader dude who found the body. first he supposedly sees some random bag or sack out in th emiddle of a swamp even though you cant see it from the road AND it must be muddy as hell AND supposedly the bag was buried. he then feels so strongly about it that he calls the cops. the cop slips in the mud, cusses him out and leaves before ever actually looking for the bag. this guy then waits a couple months before going back to the spot, either picks up the bag and the head falls out, or picks up the skull with a stick (his story keeps changing) and then finally calls the cops and they find it.

doesnt that seem a little odd to any of the rest of you?
Yes I had the same thought when I read it. Sounds a little strange. Why was a meter reader wandering out there.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
What about the duct tape where her mouth and nose had been? Surely she didn't drown in the pool with duct tape over her mouth. <<< (Said in sarcasm) What a bunch of lies that were told. It's too bad that one juror didn't have the guts to hang the d*** jury!!! Then they would have had to try her all over again, and maybe that jury would have had sense enough to convict her. Haven't people been convicted on less circumstantial evidence than what was produced during that trial?
They probably have. Don't get me wrong, I strongly suspect that Casey Anthony killed her child. I think the jurors felt that way, too. But do we want to say that suspicion, even a strong one, is enough to convict? One of the long-standing principles we have is that we would prefer to let criminals go free to convicting an innocent person.

I didn't follow the trial closely. (I hate watching trials on TV; they're usually boring as can be. No one knows how tedious a criminal trial can be like a person who has prosecuted or defended in them.) I recall reading over the weekend before the verdict came in that several observers felt that the prosecution was unable to prove whether Caylee was killed or not because of the state of her remains. I have no idea whether there was any better evidence available that didn't get used; I hope not. The commentators expressed their belief that the prosecution had told the jury in the opening statement that they would prove certain things and didn't and that the defense did so as well. I thought from that point that she would (and should) be acquitted. Recall that this isn't saying she didn't do it. It is saying that the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it, in large part because they never proved that a murder actually occurred.

We need to be careful not to convict people of crimes because we think they are bad people. I wouldn't want Casey Anthony within 100 miles of anyone I cared about. But showing that she acted in utterly inappropriate ways doesn't prove she killed her daughter (again, especially when it isn't proven that her daughter was killed).

I don't think mad dashes to pass new laws is the answer, although, as usual, we're seeing that. When you remember that our system is set up to avoid the conviction of a possibly innocent person, it worked, as much as the result in this case disgusts us.

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
They probably have. Don't get me wrong, I strongly suspect that Casey Anthony killed her child. I think the jurors felt that way, too. But do we want to say that suspicion, even a strong one, is enough to convict? One of the long-standing principles we have is that we would prefer to let criminals go free to convicting an innocent person.

I didn't follow the trial closely. (I hate watching trials on TV; they're usually boring as can be. No one knows how tedious a criminal trial can be like a person who has prosecuted or defended in them.) I recall reading over the weekend before the verdict came in that several observers felt that the prosecution was unable to prove whether Caylee was killed or not because of the state of her remains. I have no idea

whether there was any better evidence available that didn't get used; I hope not. The commentators expressed their belief that the prosecution had told the jury in the opening statement that they would prove certain things and didn't and that the defense did so as well. I thought from that point that she would (and should) be acquitted. Recall that this isn't saying she didn't do it. It is saying that the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it, in large part because they never proved that a murder actually occurred.

We need to be careful not to convict people of crimes because we think they are bad people. I wouldn't want Casey Anthony within 100 miles of anyone I cared about. But showing that she acted in utterly inappropriate ways doesn't prove she killed her daughter (again, especially when it isn't proven that her daughter was killed).

I don't think mad dashes to pass new laws is the answer, although, as usual, we're seeing that. When you remember that our system is set up to avoid the conviction of a possibly innocent person, it worked, as much as the result in this case disgusts us.
The fact they Casey didn't report her child missing for 31 days, that when her remains were found, there was duct tape where her mouth and nose had been, doesn't convince you that she was murdered? Also, that for that 31 days, when her mother called her asking where Caylee was, she told one lie after another - we're in Tampa, we're in Jacksonville, we're here, we're there - and all the time Caylee wasn't with her because she was already dead. That's enough for me to have sent her straight to the electric chair, the gas chamber, or the needle - whatever they use in Florida. Geeeeezzzz What does it take for you? A video of the murder?

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
P.S. Many have been convicted of murder with lass circumstantial evidence that was produced at Casey's trial. Plus, some have been convicted of murder where the BODY was never found.

The jury were a bunch of wimps - that's all.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
As far as seeing Nancy Grace naked, I'll take a look. I'm a man and men want to see women naked. Yes, she is a witch, but just saying.

Casey will get hers, sooner or later. She would have been better off on death row. Being free, is not good for her. She would have lived a lot longer on death row if you ask me. I would bet she will be in jail for something else or dead before 10 years pass, IMO.

I wish people would get as upset with the elected officials, as well as many other issues, as they do with this one criminal case.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
As far as seeing Nancy Grace naked, I'll take a look. I'm a man and men want to see women naked. Yes, she is a witch, but just saying.

Casey will get hers, sooner or later. She would have been better off on death row. Being free, is not good for her. She would have lived a lot longer on death row if you ask me. I would bet she will be in jail for something else or dead before 10 years pass, IMO.

I wish people would get as upset with the elected officials, as well as many other issues, as they do with this one criminal case.
I think I'd rather see Rachel Maddow naked. And that's just downright revolting.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
The fact they Casey didn't report her child missing for 31 days, that when her remains were found, there was duct tape where her mouth and nose had been, doesn't convince you that she was murdered? Also, that for that 31 days, when her mother called her asking where Caylee was, she told one lie after another - we're in Tampa, we're in Jacksonville, we're here, we're there - and all the time Caylee wasn't with her because she was already dead. That's enough for me to have sent her straight to the electric chair, the gas chamber, or the needle - whatever they use in Florida. Geeeeezzzz What does it take for you? A video of the murder?
This sums it up well.Some people have no common sense,certainly not this jury.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
It was stated there were at least six jurors that believed either that she did do it, either by accident or with intent, or assisted in it in some way, but were swayed in the end to vote with other jurors. Two of those same six said they were sick with the verdict they gave but gave it anyway. Six on the other side that just thought the child drowned (although there was zero evidence to support that either) and that the family was dysfuntional and/or guilty, so hey she had a built-in excuse and they just didn't think there was enough there to convict Anthony.
Should have been a hung jury, imho.

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
It was stated there were at least six jurors that believed either that she did do it, either by accident or with intent, or assisted in it in some way, but were swayed in the end to vote with other jurors. Two of those same six said they were sick with the verdict they gave but gave it anyway. Six on the other side that just thought the child drowned (although there was zero evidence to support that either) and that the family was dysfuntional and/or guilty, so hey she had a built-in excuse and they just didn't think there was enough there to convict Anthony.
Should have been a hung jury, imho.
That's what I think and I may have already said so. It would only have taken one juror with any sense to have voted for conviction, and that would have hung the jury. Then they would have to do it all over again weeks or months - or whenever - and maybe that jury would have enough sense to convict her.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Casey Anthony's lawyer admits she killed daughter Caylee, investigator says

Watch the video......

More than five years after a jury in Florida cleared Casey Anthony in the murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, a private investigator claimed the mom's attorney admitted she killed the girl and hid her body.

Dominic Casey made the claim in court documents that went public last month in Casey Anthony's bankruptcy case. He also suggested that the mom paid her lawyer with sex.
The investigator claimed attorney Jose Baez hired him days after police arrested the mom in July 2008. He said, "Baez had told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and, he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else did."
Meter reader Roy Kronk found the girl's body in the woods near her grandparents' home that December. Dominic Casey also said that before the remains were discovered, Casey Anthony allowed her legal team to try framing Kronk, "to portray him as a murderer and or kidnapper of Caylee Anthony."
The investigator said he quit the legal team in October 2008.
Casey Anthony was convicted of lying to police but acquitted of murder. She filed for bankruptcy in 2013.
Dominic Casey claimed, in addition, that the defendant and her attorney were having sex because she couldn't pay him. "I arrived at Baez’s office unexpectedly one day and once again, witnessed a naked Casey. This time she ran from his private office, through the conference room to the hallway. That night I told her that she cannot allow him to continue engaging in this behavior. Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense."

There was no immediate response from Baez or the Anthony family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.