Is there a TideFans flag?

Which design do you like best? (Click on links or look in the first post for options)

• Total voters

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The reason I ask is I am about to be deploying to the Middle East and would like to fly it. We have a ton of basic Alabama flags downrange, but I would like to represent this site while down there. If anyone knows anything about one or how I could have one made please let me know. I am in Germany and as widespread as our fanbase is, hard to get a Alabama items out here.
What a great question from one of our finest. Your service is greatly appreciated.

We do not currently, but your cause is as good as any to for us to get one! :) Let me check on it and I'll PM you later in the week.

Brett
What a great response. Stuff like this is why I like this website so much.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I don't know about putting the championship years on there, Brett would just have to redo the flag less than a year from now. :wink:
You laugh. I bought some banners for the man cave in my house a couple of years ago. Luckily, they left enough space for me to add the 2009 NC; it's getting a little crowded though. ;)
I thought about that myself. Of course, there's room on the right side to put three years and have it match the left side. I'll save the psd file, and if Bama wins the NC again this year then I'll just make a 2012 version that includes the 2011 Championship Year. Would you really mind having to buy a new one? :)

They need the ANGRY ELEPHANT design IMO
I thought about that, but I was trying to match the Tidefans logo, like in the top left-hand corner of the page. The Angry Elephant doesn't make a "T".

Love it! But flip the numbers on the bottom.
How's this?

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

The reason I ask is I am about to be deploying to the Middle East and would like to fly it. We have a ton of basic Alabama flags downrange, but I would like to represent this site while down there. If anyone knows anything about one or how I could have one made please let me know. I am in Germany and as widespread as our fanbase is, hard to get a Alabama items out here.
Many thanks for your service.....

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I get it. Sign me up to buy 3. Just saying I hope everyone gets it. I didnt mean to suggest you change it. You would have to be barner stupid not to see it.:biggrin:

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I love the design. But one question. if you did not know this was tidefans.com would you get the T from elephants head?
I don't think so, especially in another country. Can still have the elephant, but I think it needs to clearly read Tidefans.com. Great job otherwise!

And thanks for your service!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I don't think so, especially in another country. Can still have the elephant, but I think it needs to clearly read Tidefans.com. Great job otherwise!

And thanks for your service!
uafan4life - you've got a PM! :)

I have no problem with this. I've asked uafan4life to make some minor modifications and this can be added to the list. Basically the Elephant can be larger to the left or right with the letter T as a true letter.

Also, uafan4life indicated that other photoshoppers might want to contribute to this thread. Feel free to do so. Image should be png or jpg, 42"x28" at 200 DPI (8400 x 5600 pixels at 200 DPI).

Once we get an acceptable image, I'll make the flag available and send one to any members stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan who want one (1 per unit and up to 10 flags will be available to units right now).

PM me on where to ship it!!

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
uafan4life - you've got a PM! :)

Once we get an acceptable image, I'll make the flag available and send one to any members stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan who want one (up to 10 flags will be available right now) !
Just for information for all who support our troops, do not ask for a unit and location of a military member on a blog or other public media. Keep it private for obvious reasons, use the PM. Just the retired military and current DOD civilian in me. Not saying anyone will but sometimes we slip up. BN - you are the man. :patriot:

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
BN asked me to make a few changes. For one, we can't use the script "A", even with a TM symbol. :( Oh, well.

I've switched out the light gray accents for white, for better contrast and probably better printing. Also, I've moved the Elephant and added a "T" to Tidefans.com.

Let me know what you think. All ideas are welcome.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Great job, uabfan4life!

Almost perfect. Some shadows would soften things up a bit as would lossing the white borders on the elephant. If you really wanted to play around adding some gray about a 1/4 to a 1/3 toward the center from the black border would ease the transition from red to black and may allow for at least some of "by the fans..." to be in crimson. Changing the letter/border borders from white to creamish might also accomplish this with less work. I'd try to play with it but must get moving.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Can you try the border in white and the lettering in white? I have always liked the contrast of white on crimson in our uniforms. I don't like as much grey or black in it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.