View Poll Results: Which design do you like best? (Click on links or look in the first post for options)

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Re: Is there a TideFans flag?

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    Ok, here is the updated flag:

EDIT: Brett, I now have the updated .psd and .png files uploaded to the S3 bucket. I'll email you the url in case you don't have it handy.

P.S. You also might want to close the poll on this one, since people seem to still be voting on it.
    Why is the "A" the ONLY BLOCKED letter. I still prefer Bama's "Script A".
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The block A is old fashioned, like me. Many people will not buy unless it has the script. It may be a trademark problem though.

I miss the old logo of the elephant charging out of the A.

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    So, if you bought one, say, this year then next year you would really be complaining that your flag was out of date?!?!?
    I've got a bunch of out of date shirts in my closet I still wear. I haven't bought the latest soon to be out of date shirt yet.

I didn't know this was an old poll, sorry for voting on it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Is there a TideFans flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I miss the old logo of the elephant charging out of the A.
    I never like that one, even when it was popular. The script A is much classier.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Just so everyone knows, the primary design was decided upon over two years ago. The only changes to the design that have been made since then are to add 2011 and 2012 to the National Championship years.

As for the block "A" versus the script "A" - the old Tidefans' logo (or one of them) used to have the old block "A", maybe with the elephant coming out of it, as the "A" in "TidefAns.com". However, due to copyright issues, Tidefans is not going to use any official University of Alabama logos in anything not licensed through the University. Since the Tidefans.com logo - and associated items - are not going to be licensed through the University then that rules out using any official logos.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Be sure to get some feedback from the ND and B1G fans you run across, I'm sure they will be glad to opine.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

So what are the final thoughts on this? Will it be printed up and sold through the store. I'm a military guy and we have shirts and different products (flags, hats) custom made all the time for our units. It really comes down to the process you want used. Embroidery is, as always) the most expensive and generally going to last the longest (when the flag is put out during games and not year round). If you're looking for something to put on the lawn or the car, then you're gonna want nylon, polyester, or some other artificial material that will involve screen printing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tattooguy21 View Post
    So what are the final thoughts on this? Will it be printed up and sold through the store. I'm a military guy and we have shirts and different products (flags, hats) custom made all the time for our units. It really comes down to the process you want used. Embroidery is, as always) the most expensive and generally going to last the longest (when the flag is put out during games and not year round). If you're looking for something to put on the lawn or the car, then you're gonna want nylon, polyester, or some other artificial material that will involve screen printing.

We've had banner versions in the Tidefans' store before. I've got a couple of ideas for small, pole flags and car flags but it's up to Brett, our benevolent dictator - aka BamaNation - as to what gets done with the design.

Thus far I haven't been involved in that side of things; I just did a little photoshopping on the design a while back.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell