Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How does a Rookie Wage Scale effect Dareus, Jones, Carpenter, Ingram?

How does a Rookie Wage Scale effect Dareus, Jones, Carpenter, Ingram?

by Jim Morris
    Editor, TideFans.com Pro Sports
    July 18, 2011

(Note: It's been a while since I've been a contributor to Tidefans.com, if you're a seasoned TideFans member you may remember me. For the not-so-seasoned I may be a stranger. While I don't consider myself an expert on the NFL I have spent every waking minute of the past five years, working behind the scenes in the PR world of the NFL. Along the way I have established relationships with insiders, instigators, outsiders, and outlaws. While I continue to work in the NFL arena, I will be making frequent contributions to TideFans.com. The focus will be on Alabama's impact in the NFL and the behind the scene stories concerning the Capstone's former stars. It's good to be back and I look forward to continuing the 'free inside' access that has made TideFans.com one of the best sites on the internet. RTR-Jim)

The Rookie Wage Scale and Bama's First Round Foursome

The thought of Julio Jones losing millions thanks to a new rookie salary cap for NFL newcomers was the focus of a June 24 blog posting by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter. As Ledbetter points out in his post, compared to last season’s rookie contracts, Jones stands to lose millions under a salary cap. The Rookie Wage Scale, a central focus for NFL owners and players negotiating a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, seems to have taken shape leaving only minor details to be finalized to end the lockout. So just how much will Jones and his fellow Alabama first round draft choices make under a new agreement? Here’s a look, keep in mind, these figures are based on present information we have obtained. This information could change until the new CBA is signed, sealed, and delivered.

READ MORE HERE
    Last edited by BamaNation; July 18th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

2. Advertisement