Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    While i see where you are going with that comparison it's a bad one. Tray was small and foster would be the number 1 prospect this year if he was a senior.
    Tray was smaller but he was fast, aggressive and physical and he was a 5-star and #1 player in GA so I would say that is a good comparison.

Reuben was born in Alabama and has been an Alabama fan most of his life. I don't see him changing his committment.

It seems Saban likes stud 5-star players committing very early in their recruitment. Trent committed very early on (I know he had a press confernce on NSD and re-affirmed), Eddie Williams/Ragland in the 2012 class and Reuben for 2013. It looks somewhat like a Saban formula but I may be stretching it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for the link. That's about as firm as it can get at this stage. Keep recruiting for us Reuben and bring another #1 class to Bama.

Thanks Lizard. A different slant on RF's recruitment to say the very least!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroadlizard View Post
    I don't usually get giddy about a recruit, but it is hard not to on this one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"Coach (Smart) wouldn't let me use the phrase 'Dream Team' because Georgia uses it but we're trying to create a championship team," Foster said. "It's a tradition at Alabama now, because they always win championships and we're trying to be a future championship team."
    Love it.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Blackmon is a pretty good comparison. Hopefully Reuben want have the baggage he had. For us who were around in the Bryant glory days, he reminds me of Woodrow Lowe.
    Lowe is a really good comparison as well..

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    While i see where you are going with that comparison it's a bad one. Tray was small and foster would be the number 1 prospect this year if he was a senior.
    I don't think it's a bad comparison at all..Besides being smaller..When you watch videos of both..They play like clones of each other..They have similar speed getting to the ball..Neither messes around getting to the ball..They both get to the ball faster than any LB'ers I've seen on the high school level..And I haven't seen any LB'ers that are more brutal than either one once they get to the ball..

You have me when it comes to Blackmon being the overall #1 recruit..And as TiderJ pointed out..Blackmon was a 5*, #1 rated LB'er in the country(he was in the Top 20 overall), by all recruiting services coming out of high school..Their size is the only comparison of the two that is not comparible..How hard Blackmon hit & how strong he was..That size difference is a wash..

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Update on AJC. RF stays committed to us for now. But he's making goo-goo eyes at UGA, at least to the reporter of that state's biggest paper.

Here.

Every article on a georgia kid the AJC does will say that while they are commited to one school they really want to go to UGA or are starting to lean to UGA or have dreams at night of playing for UGA. Its usually just done to run up views on the article since the squidbillies hate to think that georgia kids dont want to go to georgia.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Every article on a georgia kid the AJC does will say that while they are commited to one school they really want to go to UGA or are starting to lean to UGA or have dreams at night of playing for UGA. Its usually just done to run up views on the article since the squidbillies hate to think that georgia kids dont want to go to georgia.
    Lol squidbillies.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

My Mood
    Bored on TideFans.com

Rusty Mansell @Mansell247

After a great week of practice at Georgia Junior Bowl 5-star LB Reuben Foster leaves the field after the game saying "Roll Tide"

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Lowe is a really good comparison as well..

I don't think it's a bad comparison at all..Besides being smaller..When you watch videos of both..They play like clones of each other..They have similar speed getting to the ball..Neither messes around getting to the ball..They both get to the ball faster than any LB'ers I've seen on the high school level..And I haven't seen any LB'ers that are more brutal than either one once they get to the ball..

You have me when it comes to Blackmon being the overall #1 recruit..And as TiderJ pointed out..Blackmon was a 5*, #1 rated LB'er in the country(he was in the Top 20 overall), by all recruiting services coming out of high school..Their size is the only comparison of the two that is not comparible..How hard Blackmon hit & how strong he was..That size difference is a wash..
    the hitting is similar but thats it. Foster is in a class by himself. The guy has the entire package.

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_B View Post

After a great week of practice at Georgia Junior Bowl 5-star LB Reuben Foster leaves the field after the game saying "Roll Tide"
    And a concussion.
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_B View Post

its simple really. Foster born in Alabama wants to be the next great Alabama born LB at the Capstone. following the footsteps of Jordan, Bennett, McCants, Ryan, McClain etc. of course having Thomas and Lowe in that tradition doesn't hurt either!!