LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

To answer a couple of my own questions.... the video with Tray Mathews was just posted on ESPN on 1/30. And, as per a video of Mathews on 1/09, he says Bama is recruiting him hard (along with lsu, but he sounds pretty solid to uga).

Maybe Foster can sway him :biggrin:

jerryb334

Dec 8, 2011
ALABAMA

WOW...this guy looks like a freak!! Great ability to read plays and has a great motor. Once Smart and Saban get ahold of him I believe he will be a 1st round draft pick in a few years to say the least!!! RTR

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Just watched his tape over at SBnation. If I were a RB, I'd think long and hard about signing with an SEC school other than Bama, 'cause holy crap that kid doesn't bring the wood, he brings the whole damn forest!!

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Looks like Richt is putting the "Full Court Press" on Foster..

Here's The Link...CLICK ME
This is to be expected. Richt is going to keep on him until next February. He'd be stupid not to. I don't think we have anything to worry about though. He will sign with the good guys.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

JLee rates him at 78.5% :D
I do not follow any *U boards but I did not realize that JLee rated or scouted players. He never played a down of football in his life. Well, maybe youth but nothing beyond 12 years of age. I assume that a 78.5% is a C grade and there is no way this kid from Georgia is a C rated player. That kid has 5 star all over him!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

GM - This is a running joke here on the board. When JLee is asked about a recruit, it's always a percentage towards the barn. The only problem is the recruit normally signs elsewhere. He is basically the idiot of the family and has proven so on about every occasion. Ask about his movie, you'll get some great answers on that one. :biggrin2:

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

Looks like Richt is putting the "Full Court Press" on Foster..

Here's The Link...CLICK ME
I really meant that post as a dig at Carvell, who has been pumping out the Bama/Saban hit pieces since the BCS Championship game (and probably before).

The "scare" headline is a mirror to the one on a story he wrote earlier this week, regarding Saban's pursuit of a top QB in UGA's backyard, who happens to be committed to Georgia.

Carvell is the AJC's answer for Jeff Lee. Blatant homerism.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I do not follow any *U boards but I did not realize that JLee rated or scouted players. He never played a down of football in his life. Well, maybe youth but nothing beyond 12 years of age. I assume that a 78.5% is a C grade and there is no way this kid from Georgia is a C rated player. That kid has 5 star all over him!
He rates them on the probability they will sign with Auburn.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

GM - This is a running joke here on the board. When JLee is asked about a recruit, it's always a percentage towards the barn. The only problem is the recruit normally signs elsewhere. He is basically the idiot of the family and has proven so on about every occasion. Ask about his movie, you'll get some great answers on that one. :biggrin2:
Ah, I see. 75% that he signs with the Barn. That sounds like ole Jeff. If it is below 90% then you might as well say the chance is 0%. Thank you for clarifying

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Richt and every other coach will keep on recruiting Foster until he signs a letter of intent next February. He's simply too good to ever throw the towel in.

As for Jeff Lee, last I heard the AU subscribers over on Rivals were furious and calling for his ouster. Even the Kool-Aid drinkers have grown tired of all his nonsense. We'll see if enough subscriptions get canceled to make it happen. If so, most of these publishers work on one year contracts, and so he might not make it to next NSD.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Jlee is an idiot. The other day he got in an arguement with a UA fan. It escalated to the point Lee posted his home address and told the guy to come on over. I wish I lived in AL. 8)

In regards to Foster, as BET said the coach is only doing his job, no different than us trying to flip Ramsey(UGA Commit, QB) right now. It is their job until they sign the NLI.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Richt and every other coach will keep on recruiting Foster until he signs a letter of intent next February. He's simply too good to ever throw the towel in.

As for Jeff Lee, last I heard the AU subscribers over on Rivals were furious and calling for his ouster. Even the Kool-Aid drinkers have grown tired of all his nonsense. We'll see if enough subscriptions get canceled to make it happen. If so, most of these publishers work on one year contracts, and so he might not make it to next NSD.
I honestly don't see how he still has a job. It's as if he's intentionally trolling his own fanbase for amusement.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Jlee is an idiot. The other day he got in an arguement with a UA fan. It escalated to the point Lee posted his home address and told the guy to come on over. I wish I lived in AL. 8)

In regards to Foster, as BET said the coach is only doing his job, no different than us trying to flip Ramsey(UGA Commit, QB) right now. It is their job until they sign the NLI.
Bet it was the wrong address.:)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Jeff Lee is a complete idiot!

I'm glad he is on their side......:biggrin:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Tray was smaller but he was fast, aggressive and physical and he was a 5-star and #1 player in GA so I would say that is a good comparison.

Reuben was born in Alabama and has been an Alabama fan most of his life. I don't see him changing his committment.

It seems Saban likes stud 5-star players committing very early in their recruitment. Trent committed very early on (I know he had a press confernce on NSD and re-affirmed), Eddie Williams/Ragland in the 2012 class and Reuben for 2013. It looks somewhat like a Saban formula but I may be stretching it.
I think ANY coach would like a stud 5 star player to commit early on. I'm not sure how much of a formula there is, other than we've been lucky enough to have a few commit earlly on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.