LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

I think ANY coach would like a stud 5 star player to commit early on. I'm not sure how much of a formula there is, other than we've been lucky enough to have a few commit earlly on...
I agree ANY coach would and it may not be formulmatic, but it could be part of Saban and staffs philosophy and pitch to high profile recruits that "we want the best player we are recruiting to commit early and help recruit and finish this class". I left out Milliner and Phillip Sims (2 highest rated players) committed very early in the 2010 class. This may be a stretch but our recruiting classes history has shown that this is how it has gone down the past 4 years.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I agree ANY coach would and it may not be formulmatic, but it could be part of Saban and staffs philosophy and pitch to high profile recruits that "we want the best player we are recruiting to commit early and help recruit and finish this class". I left out Milliner and Phillip Sims (2 highest rated players) committed very early in the 2010 class. This may be a stretch but our recruiting classes history has shown that this is how it has gone down the past 4 years.
I understand what you're trying to say...and I still think its a stretch to say its part of the process, or a formula....
They may want them to commit early so they can recruit other players, almosty would say thats a guarantee they do...so would any other coach out there...

we've been lucky that some have committed early...and thats definitely because of our recent success.

but its an interesting thought, nontheless.

Last edited:

time_4_the_TIDE

All-SEC
Apr 28, 2009
Mentone, AL

First of all, its funny all the squabble over the nothings of off season. Anyway, I think anyone would be naive to at the very least put it 50/50 on whether its PART OF THE PROCESS/OR LUCK, the man plans for every variable. Personally, I think its marketing and it works. If you see a big name then 2 then 3 all defensive....if I'm another big name and I want that ring and the best training for the NFL...It would make me stop and think, and I was recruited Div1 teams for what it's worth. Once a some these guys meet, in camps and visits, they become friends some of them know before we do where their going just because they want to play with the best...Roll Tide and prepare to buy more championship gear in the very near future because either way we are stacked!!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I've seen Lee tweet players and dog them as well. Classless is not even the word for that idiot.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

First of all, its funny all the squabble over the nothings of off season. Anyway, I think anyone would be naive to at the very least put it 50/50 on whether its PART OF THE PROCESS/OR LUCK, the man plans for every variable. Personally, I think its marketing and it works. If you see a big name then 2 then 3 all defensive....if I'm another big name and I want that ring and the best training for the NFL...It would make me stop and think, and I was recruited Div1 teams for what it's worth. Once a some these guys meet, in camps and visits, they become friends some of them know before we do where their going just because they want to play with the best...Roll Tide and prepare to buy more championship gear in the very near future because either way we are stacked!!!
Well, Im okay with being called Niaeve then, because i think that a recruit committing early has little to do with a big plan, and more to do with them deciding to commit.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Well, Im okay with being called Niaeve then, because i think that a recruit committing early has little to do with a big plan, and more to do with them deciding to commit.
It may not be the case here but it is a fact that CNS has asked some top recruits to commit early (if they were sure of their commitment) to give other recruits an indication of a great recruiting class heading our way, the spots wouldn't be there forever and to encourage other great prospects to come aboard.
No big deal either way.......we can't know for sure either way.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

It may not be the case here but it is a fact that CNS has asked some top recruits to commit early (if they were sure of their commitment) to give other recruits an indication of a great recruiting class heading our way, the spots wouldn't be there forever and to encourage other great prospects to come aboard.
No big deal either way.......we can't know for sure either way.
...I bet he asks all the top recruits to commit when they're sure...
just sayin....
I wish he'd go ahead and ask Robert Nkemdeche to commit.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

...I bet he asks all the top recruits to commit when they're sure...
just sayin....
It's actually very tightly controlled and orchestrated. Some recruits are asked to wait for months. If you pay attention, you can make sense of his patterns...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I thought the SEC coaches had this, you know, gentlemen's agreement to not do this type of thing. I am highly offended!
There are very few "Gentlemen" in the SEC!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Foster is back in Tuscaloosa this weekend. This kid seems really solid, especially with it being so early and with him being so heavily recruited.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

It certainly can't hurt with him coming to all our junior camps. I believe he is about as solid as you can be as a junior in high school committed to a college. Still a long time to NSD but I do see him recruiting for us heavily

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Kristin Gold@klgold
5Star recruit Reuben Foster just told me if Coach Flowers isn't the Troup coach, he won't play football next year

Apparantly alot of allegations are out against the coach. Players being recruited out of district to come to the school and room and board being covered to have them play.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16987666/flowers-fired-from-troup

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

For example, if AU announces a good commitment, we'll follow with blockbuster of our own, sometimes even two. It's like everything else he does; nothing is left to chance...
Good example is this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.