LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

If he comes away like I expect still commited to UA, I have little worry that UGA will ever flip him. He is rifing there and back with two of their biggest recruiters, Mathews and Wiggins, who have both stated they will attend every recruiting event at UGA to recruit. Plus the coaches will put the full court press on him once again. Any recruit that can resist all that I have no concern about.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States

If he comes away like I expect still commited to UA, I have little worry that UGA will ever flip him. He is rifing there and back with two of their biggest recruiters, Mathews and Wiggins, who have both stated they will attend every recruiting event at UGA to recruit. Plus the coaches will put the full court press on him once again. Any recruit that can resist all that I have no concern about.
If there is a young man who can get through that full court press, it is Reuben. Right now, until I see anything remotely damaging about him decommitted and flipping to UGA, I won't worry about Reuben.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

That isn't exactly true. I represent kids in dependency and delinquency (I know there is neither in Reuben's case) and a juvenile court Judge can easily make changes to custody as long as all the parties agree. If his parents were married and subsequently divorced, you modify the custody arrangement in Circuit court. If they have joint legal custody all that needs to be changed is who has physical custody. This can usually be done by a joint stipulation. It can get complicated if they weren't married and custody was never established, but most of the time, in those cases if the "custodial" parent agrees to let the child live with the "non-custodial" parent and all they need is the birth certificate to register the child for school. I see kids jumping districts all the time between parents who are not together and where custody wasn't established by the courts. The only time it is a problem is if one of the parents makes an issue out of it. This is in Alabama, of course and like you said not exactly sure about Georgia.
That is what I was trying to get at, someone has to be appointed custodian. A kid can't move from one district that Dad lives in to Mom's, then decide to go back, etc. If they are not together only one parent has custody per AHSAA playing rules.

Most of the time unless whoever Rueben lives with moves, he is going to have to stay.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

according to the latest UGASports article on his Athens visit, Foster is solid to Alabama. Foster said he is still commited to Bama.

Foster mentioned he can't wait to show Tray Matthews Tuscaloosa. :)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I assume it is legal but he is desperate.

ColtonTDeanColton Dean
Mark Richt gets the crowd at the UGA/FL game to start chanting Reuben Foster
If richt got the crowd to do it, then it is a violtion. counts as announcing a players visit, likely just a secondary though, richt isnt afraid of those. See the I. Crowell recruitment.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

actually keithrivals is reporting ole miss feels alot better about their chances at this moment but still agrees foster is solid to bama

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Not sure the validity of it but I saw on another board a poster who claims to know Mathews. Said that Jarvis Jones(UGA player) was having a sleep over last night in Athens and invited Mathews, Wiggins, Foster, and T Terry to all stay the night and come to the party. But Foster and Mathews left to go back to Newman. Attended a HS party there but apparantly Mathews could not get Foster to stay in Athens.:)

Again not sure if all of it is true.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Good news on Foster, and again he seems to be a particular solid commitment at this stage of the game.

Again, though, no one is going to give up here. This one will be a fight all the way to NSD.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Good news on Foster, and again he seems to be a particular solid commitment at this stage of the game.

Again, though, no one is going to give up here. This one will be a fight all the way to NSD.
Good to hear. UGA has shown that they don't care about secondary violations if it'll get them a recruit, so I'll be worried about this one until NSD 2013.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

I am not worried still, but it is being reported that he may visit this weekend again to UGA. This is actually their biggest jr day event coming up. The pressure will be even greater for him. I doubt he flips but we will see alot of articles coming out that will probably upset a few UA fans. If he is ever going to flip it would happen this weekend imo. But he is scheduled to be at UA with Mathews the weekend after and Foster is suppose to come to the ADay game. Again all this could change but this coming weekend will be the real test I think.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Try as they might it's not going to happen. I am not going to stress at all on this one and can't wait to see Reuben in crimson.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Just noticed something about Foster on Rivals site. On the right they have a "reminds us of" section for each player. The man at the top of the list for Reuben, Rolando McClain.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Just noticed something about Foster on Rivals site. On the right they have a "reminds us of" section for each player. The man at the top of the list for Reuben, Rolando McClain.
Foster is our biggest recruiter right now as a commit. Notice how almost every player that comes to bama for a visit mentions him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.