LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Yes Foster will be on Ttown tonght at the bama hoops game. The football team is recieving the iron bowl trophy at halftime
Sweet. I hope any students or fans on Tidefans that will be at the game will start the "Reuben" chants.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

The "Reuben Foster" chant was a nice touch by the student section. I hope Reuben enjoyed the halftime trophy presentation as much as we did. On a side note, really like Coach Saban's red jacket, and Jesse Williams' mohawk, lol.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The chatter out there is that he may be transferring to Oxford AL for his senior year. Also saw one tweet is he wants to get away from all the pressure UGA is putting on him. I do think it bodes well if he finishes HS in AL.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

The chatter out there is that he may be transferring to Oxford AL for his senior year. Also saw one tweet is he wants to get away from all the pressure UGA is putting on him. I do think it bodes well if he finishes HS in AL.
My only worry about that is his continued development. Will the AHSAA allow him to play this fall?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

My only worry about that is his continued development. Will the AHSAA allow him to play this fall?
If he is moving into the area and living with family I do not see how they would not let him. In GA I assume the problem is going to a different school without family. I know in NC you can not and many scandals have transpired we players have tried. Like all that mess with Otis "The Pimp" Yelverton and all those NC players who ended up at Cal.

My understanding he has family in the Oxford school district. Can not remember where but he was born in AL and his family is from AL.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

My understanding he has family in the Oxford school district. Can not remember where but he was born in AL and his family is from AL.
It better be his parents or he wont be playing...

AHSAA doesn't let you just pick a family member to live with and get by with it..

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

If his family members in Oxford take custody of him, he can play. If you can legally register for school, you can play sports. This happens quite often in town with multiple districts and schools. Grandma takes custody and Jimbo moves to the county school to play or from county to city. We see problems often when kids from the county want to come to the city and buy "rental" property and use that address to get in school. You can't fool the AHSAA in that situation. We have a kid who got booted from the baseball team because he couldn't prove he lived in the "rental" house full time.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

It better be his parents or he wont be playing...

AHSAA doesn't let you just pick a family member to live with and get by with it..
Does the fact that he lives in Georgia and is moving to Alabama make any difference? It would seem that the rules would not be the same as an in-state transfer.

Don't know, just asking.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

I hope this happens, i live in Anniston so i would get to see him play on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.