LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SABAN

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 29, 2011
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Seeing Reuben up-close and in-person is like looking at an NFL veteran. Really just hard to imagine a seventeen year old kid can have that size and physical build.
Hint: he isn't 17.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

There are also rumors that he won't be eligible to play in Georgia or Alabama next year because he'll be 19 before May 1, 2013.
If his main goal is to be an EE I doubt it matters. He wants to enroll next Jan and is trying to find a school that will allow him to do it. I also doubt if he missed the season it would hurt him that much. I have seen many a player that were not near as talented miss their senior season because of injury and have no problem making the squad. As long as this kid trains and stays in shape he will see the field in 2013. IMO

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I will have to check but I am pretty sure in NC if you turn 19 before Sept 1 of your senior you can not play, but atleast that use to be the rule here.
september 1 is the cutoff and 2012 will be his senior year, so not getting where 2013 comes into the equation.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

Reuben is from Roanoke which may help explain why Oxford is an option, its a 6A school that is within an hour of Roanoke. The latest is rumor is that he visited Auburn Highschool which is also a 6A within an hour of Roanoke. I dont know what other solid 6A schools are in that area

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

september 1 is the cutoff and 2012 will be his senior year, so not getting where 2013 comes into the equation.
The "May 1, 2013" date is the one being thrown around by 'Dawg fans about the rule in the state of Georgia. From what I understand, Foster turns 19 later this month.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Reuben is from Roanoke which may help explain why Oxford is an option, its a 6A school that is within an hour of Roanoke. The latest is rumor is that he visited Auburn Highschool which is also a 6A within an hour of Roanoke. I dont know what other solid 6A schools are in that area
Yeah it appears that AU HS is trying to hire his former HC Flowers. Atleast as the rumors go.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The "May 1, 2013" date is the one being thrown around by 'Dawg fans about the rule in the state of Georgia. From what I understand, Foster turns 19 later this month.
So could he have to sit out his senior year like Jalston Fowler had to?

SABAN

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 29, 2011

The whole age thing just puts his highlight reel in perspective. On film, he looks like a college player playing high school ball because he is, in fact, old enough to be in college.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

Yeah it appears that AU HS is trying to hire his former HC Flowers. Atleast as the rumors go.
yeah he is considered to be dirty and has been known to sell players based on some reports so this one will be watched closely im sure

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

The whole age thing just puts his highlight reel in perspective. On film, he looks like a college player playing high school ball because he is, in fact, old enough to be in college.
it might take a little shine off the highlight tape but watch his highlights from his sophomore year and he looks like a beast there too.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

it might take a little shine off the highlight tape but watch his highlights from his sophomore year and he looks like a beast there too.
To me, at least in that video, he looks like the perfect blend of Hightower and Barron. Some of those hits are absolutely punishing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

So could he have to sit out his senior year like Jalston Fowler had to?
If he turns 19 later this month then he wont be able to play in Alabama.

If he turns 19 after August 1st he can play.

AHSAA rulebook said:
A student is ineligible to participate in high school interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 19th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

This guy is Dick Butkus reincarnated......WOW! :eek:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Rumor is he is enrolling at AU HS today. Also appears his HC Flowers will be added to the staff there. This will become one fun circus with Foster because AU fans and staff will do every thing they can to flip him and drama will follow. Remember Luper and Trooper both have sons at AU HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.