Status
Not open for further replies.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

That doesn't really help us with respect to battling Auburn because LaGrange is far closer to the Plains than T'town, but it is what it is.

Of course, if he's really looking to make serious money by getting to the next level ASAP, he's not giving the cow pasture a second look.
Yep, just ask Mr. Richardson in a couple weeks.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Is the job Auburn University specific? I mean could the job be for Auburn high school, the city of Auburn? High schools recruit ball players too especially the ones with close borders to other states. North Jackson comes to mind here in my neck of the woods.
My understanding she is working at the Univ., but as BET said I agree because I assume they are the biggest employer in the town and there are always jobs at a university.

Fact is her son wanted to transfer HS but stay close to his daughter. From my understanding of AL HS FB rules basically his mom had to move for it to happen so it was legit and not living with some random person so he could play football. Also he wanted to go to a HS where he could graduate in Dec and be an EE at UA in Jan. Everything so far adds up and allows him to reach these goals. Now yes I understand AU fans will read this how they wany and I am sure we will different spins throughout the year but I really nothing to worry about at this point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Aubs at work were talking about Reuben's transfer. They couldn't give his name, but they were sure to mention he was in their back yard, which meant getting in his ear and possibly flipping him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Aubs at work were talking about Reuben's transfer. They couldn't give his name, but they were sure to mention he was in their back yard, which meant getting in his ear and possibly flipping him.
LOL!!! Dee Liner will be Crimson before RF will ever play for the barn.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I think it's pretty clear, but just to lay it out further the transfer to Auburn HS was driven by his want of three things in a destination:

(1) Stay close to his daughter
(2) Compete for a state championship this season
(3) Graduate in December so he can enroll early in college

Of those three desires, only Auburn HS could legitimately provide them all, and that's why he ended up there.

And yes, the Aubs will "be in his ear" until he enrolls, but what difference does it make? As if they weren't going to do the same thing had he just stayed at LaGrange.

We'll see how it plays out. I don't like the notion of him transferring to Auburn, but it is what it is, and frankly I think the whole thing is overblown at this point in time. Could he flip? Certainly, that's always legitimate possibility with any verbal commitment and that includes this particular case. For now, though, he hasn't shown any signs of wavering and frankly Auburn is going to have to show that they can field a semi-respectable defense before they become a serious threat.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

He talks about him, Mathews, and Kamara all three playing together. Everything I read is Foster all UA.

"All I can say about my decision is ask Reuben and Tray," Kamara said. "We discussed things together, and when we iron it out, we will see. Tray's pulling me one way. Reuben's pulling me the other. It's all fun."

"Alvin, he's going to join the club," Foster said. "I'm going to make sure he joins the club. He's been asking, 'How is Alabama? Be real with me.' I just tell him Alabama is a great school, nice facilities, good people, family, good coaches, NFL."

"We're all playing the recruiting game, and I can't lie, Alabama's a great school," Matthews said. "They say if you play for Nick Saban, you're going to come out a warrior, and he's the defensive back coach. That's just a pathway into the NFL."

http://espn.go.com/colleges/alabama...-add-alvin-kamara-reuben-foster-tray-matthews

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

He talks about him, Mathews, and Kamara all three playing together. Everything I read is Foster all UA.

"All I can say about my decision is ask Reuben and Tray," Kamara said. "We discussed things together, and when we iron it out, we will see. Tray's pulling me one way. Reuben's pulling me the other. It's all fun."

"Alvin, he's going to join the club," Foster said. "I'm going to make sure he joins the club. He's been asking, 'How is Alabama? Be real with me.' I just tell him Alabama is a great school, nice facilities, good people, family, good coaches, NFL."

"We're all playing the recruiting game, and I can't lie, Alabama's a great school," Matthews said. "They say if you play for Nick Saban, you're going to come out a warrior, and he's the defensive back coach. That's just a pathway into the NFL."

http://espn.go.com/colleges/alabama...-add-alvin-kamara-reuben-foster-tray-matthews
I'm going to try this. A mod actually two Mods(An Alabama and Georgia) that talked to him yesterday said straight out of his mouth he is set and done, Also Karma Just spent his entire spring break and alabama.(all on his own dime) Think about that.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

I'm going to try this. A mod actually two Mods(An Alabama and Georgia) that talked to him yesterday said straight out of his mouth he is set and done, Also Karma Just spent his entire spring break and alabama.(all on his own dime) Think about that.
I'd rather Karma spend his entire Fall with the Boogs ultimately causing ~7 losses. As for Kamara, we'll take him. :)

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah I saw where he said he was done. Kamara intrigues me unless we are planing on moving him to a different position. I guess I just do not see UA taking 3 RBs in this class. Maybe with BS in the 2014 class that may end up playing WR but I guess we will see.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Yeah I saw where he said he was done. Kamara intrigues me unless we are planing on moving him to a different position. I guess I just do not see UA taking 3 RBs in this class. Maybe with BS in the 2014 class that may end up playing WR but I guess we will see.
Kamara can play multiple positions including WR as well so its taking an athlete.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Thanks for the read. Definitely sounds like he is very solid to us, especially if he is recruiting. I know recruits can have an effect on other recruits, but I'm curious as to how much of an effect they have. Also, I loved the line that he is recruiting hard because he wants to win a championship. Gotta love that attitude.

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010

Apparently Reuben Foster, Tray Matthews and Alvin Kamara plan on comitting as a trio? Does this mean to the same school, or that they plan on signing their LOIs at the same time? RTR

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012

That's interesting, especially since Foster & Matthews are already committed to different programs. Wonder if this is good news for us or not? Kamara has been spending tons of time in Tuscaloosa recently so hopefully we land all three

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Apparently Reuben Foster, Tray Matthews and Alvin Kamara plan on comitting as a trio? Does this mean to the same school, or that they plan on signing their LOIs at the same time? RTR
I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. If I were a betting man, I would say that they plan to sign their LOI's at the same time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That has been out for a few weeks (page or two back in this thread). All signs point to Reuben being solid to Bama (people saying it and his continued visits). Matthews seems solid, as well. Kamara seems very open to the idea of joining Reuben in Tuscaloosa.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/col...&_slug_=matthews-kamara-foster-a-package-deal

ESPN 150 prospects Tray Matthews (Newnan, Ga./Newnan), Reuben Foster (Auburn, Ala./Auburn), and Alvin Kamara (Norcross, Ga./Norcross) discuss their plans to commit as a trio at the Atlanta Nike Football Training Camp. Matthews, a Georgia commit, conducts the interview. Kamara, who is undecided, plays it coy. Foster, an Alabama commit, insists he is solid in his pledge to the Tide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.