LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

The only thing that worries me with Foster is his old HC Flowers who just got a job at Smth' Station, Columbus GA. Rumors already out there that Foster will now transfer and follow him. It may be correct because I had already read on some other boards that Foster had missed 2 spring practices at AuHS and the coaches were upset. Maybe he already knew. I have heard, again rumor, that the HC at SSHS Mark Rose(who played for Pat Dye) is a big AU guy. The real concern for me though is Flowers is starting to sound like a handler. I just do not want this to turn into a A Means type of recruitment with Foster. Again alot of rumors but it may get even more interesting this week.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Look rumors from cow nation country imagine that. Everyone chill out and relax he has been our biggest recruiter to date and other prospects confirm this. Saban would never ever allow a thought of a means situation. Mods on other boards already said that a lot of rumors would come out involving foster . One last thing is Trent went through the same supposed waffling and where did he in up same as ha ha dix as well as fanning and they all have crimson jerseys on.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Look rumors from cow nation country imagine that. Everyone chill out and relax he has been our biggest recruiter to date and other prospects confirm this. Saban would never ever allow a thought of a means situation. Mods on other boards already said that a lot of rumors would come out involving foster . One last thing is Trent went through the same supposed waffling and where did he in up same as ha ha dix as well as fanning and they all have crimson jerseys on.
I am not hearing or been to an AU board lately. The rumors I am hearing are from UA or UGA boards. Flowers did get hired, just have to wait and see if Foster goes with him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The fact that Earle posted in this thread and referenced some possible issues makes me worried. He isn't one to post any rumor he hears or reads.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I am not hearing or been to an AU board lately. The rumors I am hearing are from UA or UGA boards. Flowers did get hired, just have to wait and see if Foster goes with him.
Its every where seen it on bama boards but I'm saying in general for cow country. Also a reputable poster stated from a player on the team he is solid.

SundayGun

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2008

The word out there is that Foster is at big cat weekend can anyone confirm this to be true or false?

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

The word out there is that Foster is at big cat weekend can anyone confirm this to be true or false?
He is likely just there for the fun and games. He must realize that when he gets on the gridiron the fun is in winning.
Even if Foster has thoughts about changing his mind the coming season will make him realize he don't want to be at the barn.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

confirm. Foster is hanging out with Liner and Lawson (au commits). IMO, RF is there to recruit in the same manner BJ Scott did for the 2008 class. :wink:
not worry in the bit. like most posters have said, fun and games for free. why not??

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else about RF? This kid to me is a bigger recruit for us than Nkemdiche. Foster is really recruiting 2-3 guys hard for us.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else about RF? This kid to me is a bigger recruit for us than Nkemdiche. Foster is really recruiting 2-3 guys hard for us.

Doesn't that speak volumes?
:cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I know what your saying, but he lives down the street from Trooper, the OG. He probably thinks Saban is the anti-christ by now.
True, but if he is recruiting for us, that would indicate that he is solid. :cool2:

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

:biggrin: You crack me up man with these sunglass smileys after every post, just to cool for school!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Remember that time we all thought the sky would fall if we didn't get Jadaveon Clowney? And then we went out and won a National Championship without him.

I'd love to have Foster, and for now, he's ours. But whatever happens, we'll be ok. There's just no reason to get worried anymore.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

We can say there is no reason to be worried all we want to. I know as of now Chizik hasn't developed a lick of talent, but if he improves on that, he is getting the talent.

If we lose kids to USCe, USCW, FSU, and etc, I could care less, because they don't have any direct impact on our record most of the time, but when we lose talent to Auburn and LSU it worries me. Not because I think they will get a leg up, we still have CNS, but it does make it more difficult.

In all reality, I get worried playing ULM, GSU, and etc. I was born in 91, I know Alabama history, but I grew up watching us at one of, if not the worst, times in Alabama history.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Red, I don't think that's precisely the case. We had a great class whether JC was coming or not. and most people recognized that. But who doesn't want to go home with the prettiest girl?

We'll be fine without any of the top kids. But that doesn't mean we want to play against them or that they wouldn't have a meaningful impact on our team.

That's why many of us wanted Clowney. That's why many of us want Foster and Nkemdiche. If we get them, great. If we don't, the sun will come up the next day. RTR

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

Also FWIW on some other boards the rumor is AuHS has been turned in for illegal recruiting of Foster. Not surprised that some HS coach would have some concern. Also I read not sure if true that Foster was going to enroll at Oxford but the day of the deadline to submit paperwork in AL he was contacted by the AuHS coaching staff and told that his former HC Flowers would be added to the staff. He submitted the paperwork and found out the next he was not. Flowers is currently at Smith Station HS in GA. Some are saying that Foster is trying to transfer there but I doubt the state would allow him play. SSHS HC is a former player at for Pat Dye at AU. So not a good situation for UA there. Again mostly rumors and speculation at this point, but we can see alot of drama in this recruited whether it is warranted or not by Foster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.